Awaiting You (Chapter 1)

Seele had never missed someone before. She had never realized this before until the trailblazer that suddenly appeared in her life left just as quickly as he arrived.

Seele found herself thinking about him from time to time, it wasn't anything major at first, just the occasional afterthought about what he might be doing at the moment, or maybe if he'd return to visit.

Then those simple afterthoughts became dreams, dreams about him, dreams about them.

As Seele walked around the Administrative District of Belobog, she found herself daydreaming again, about his smile specifically today. The smile that brought her comfort in even the most serious of moments, she would think about how he would always make the most unserious jokes. They didn't amuse her then but now she wishes she laughed at them.

Her eyes gradually looked to one of her pockets, before reaching for her phone and contacting one of her good friends.

...

Bronya was busy going over the dozens of stacks of papers that laid on her desk, all of them having some significance, the numerous reports and requests towering over her.

Just then she noticed her phone vibrating on the edge of her desk, in which her tired eyes slowly turned to look at the illuminated screen, looking at the contact, and sighing.

She put down her pen and slowly reached over and stared at the screen for a moment, contemplating whether or not she should ignore it. But she already found herself sliding her finger over the screen and accepting the call.

"Bronya!"

Seele's voice boomed into the dark room, dimly lit by Bronya's lamp.

"..."

Bronya sniffled, Seele had a (bad) habit of calling her late at night, seeing as there was no day cycle in the underworld, she could understand, but still, it was a headache at times.

"Do you know what time it is, Seele?"

Bronya would ask, her voice reflecting her current state.

"Uhh..."

Seele would loom over the question for a bit, and Bronya could imagine Seele looking at the time on her phone with scrunched eyebrows.

"It says... 4:32?"

"AM."

Bronya added, sniffling again.

Seele would remain quiet for a moment, before suddenly speaking up.

"Yeah, anyways so you know Caelus, right? I just wanted to tell you that-"

"-You've been thinking about him, yes, you've told me before."

Bronya continued Seele's sentence for her, in which she got a nervous chuckle on the other end from Seele.

"Yeah, but it's different, is there any way he can visit? Or is there any way I can visit him?"

Bronya would loom over the question for a moment, she never thought about that, though it was most likely that Caelus himself would have to visit, and not the other way around.

"I don't think we can visit him, it'll have to be his duty."

Bronya would declare, a firmness in her voice.

Seele would groan over the line.

"Can't you request for him to visit or something? Come on, for me?"

Seele would suggest and both ask.

Bronya groaned.

"Why don't you do it yourself? You have his number, right?"

Bronya would question, in which she got silence in response.

"..."

Bronya sighed, in which she pulled up Caelus's contact and loomed over the green button on her screen.

"You owe me one, I'll give you more details later. Bye."

Bronya heard Seele make a weird noise, seemingly out of excitement before she hung up.

"..."

Bronya sighed, before contacting Caelus.

"Caelus, do you think you have the time to visit Belobog anytime soon?"

Bronya wouldn't have to wait long before receiving a reply.

"Yeah, why? It's been a while anyways, I got the time."

Bronya looked at the message for a moment before replying.

"Good. I expect to see you here soon. I'll be waiting for you, just come to Qlipoth Fort."

"Any particular reason why though?"

Bronya looked at the message Caelus sent before smiling slightly.

"Someone's been requesting you visit for a while now."

"Really? Who?"

"I'm not telling."

"Please?"

Seen.