Between Life and Death

Caelus would find himself walking around Aurum Alley, looking around for something to eat. He had gotten recommendations from Huohuo and Bailu, but both of the options didn't appeal to him at the moment.

As he walked around, he squeezed between the groups of people that flooded the streets, this place was a lot busier at night, for some reason.

He finally found the spot, and his eyes looked forward to Spices Supreme, where he was seated and was given a menu.

As his amber eyes browsed over the various options they offered, his eyes fixated on a dish that included noodles and tofu. It wasn't too spicy and looked good.

He was about to speak up when he heard screaming, as he turned his head to the source of the sound, and found a woman with long, light blue hair. She wore a familiar outfit, a comforting splash of colors.

Though he wasn't focused on her, but rather the blood splattered on her clothes.

As the screams continued, the woman began killing members of the crowd one by one, blood smearing the streets, it wasn't something Caelus had ever seen before. And he's seen some stuff.

He immediately stood up, summoning the Lance of Preservation before rushing towards the woman, squeezing past members of the crowd who were running for their life, though it was loud, and people were running around everywhere, he could make out who was the perpetrator, wielding a sword that appeared to be forged from ice.

He quickly made it to the front of the crowd, his grip around the lance of preservation tightening.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

Caelus yelled, flames emitting from the lance in his hands.

The woman would look over at him, blood-red eyes piercing through him as if her gaze was made of needles, he furred his brows as the woman would slide the corpse of a civilian off of her sword.

She would pay no mind to the body, looking over at Caelus.

"Ah, it's you, trailblazer. I've heard plenty of you from Jing Yuan, perhaps I should introduce myself."

The woman sounded calm and collected despite the situation, the corpses and blood surrounding her an unsettling sight, it made Caelus's blood trickle.

Caelus furred his brows, pointing the lance at the woman.

"..."

He remained silent as if telling her to continue.

"I am Jingliu, former sword master of the Xianzhou Luofu-"

Caelus would cut her off, his entire body trembling.

"I don't care! What are you doing here, Jingliu? Killing people?"

He would yell, demanding answers as the flames around the lance of preservation would intensify, his breathing becoming uneasy.

"..."

Jingliu would sigh, calmly pointing her blade to the side, nodding.

"So be it then."

She would dash towards Caelus with speeds he had never seen before, slashing her blade towards him but he would barely manage to evade it, ducking before tumbling backward.

He grits his teeth together, his eyes planted on her.

Caelus ran towards her, his lance pointed at her, which she swiftly dodged, moving to the side before striking his back, knocking him forward.

He looked back at her with an enraged expression, flames shooting out from his lance as he swiftly struck her, but she deflected the piercing attempt and looked down at him, in such a vulnerable, exposed state.