chapter 4

Zayden was not surprised, he was waiting patiently to see how long she could hold her thirst, and it was long. Whatever powers she possessed it was clear she was powerful. Normally new born are supposed to be restless, always trying to feed from the time of their awakening. But in Amelia's case he was shocked that she managed to hold her thirst this long. It had been at least a few hours from the time she was transformed, even if she was an original vampire born with the vampirism in her blood like himself it was unlikely to hold the thirst this long. He knew how it felt when the feeling took over you, there is nothing you can do to stop. But another strange thing was that he, who was usually a mind reader and given how he was a very powerful one as well, could not reach her. He felt her mind alright, it was like a ruby shimmering in between a million other stones. Her mind stood out from the rest, powerful but unreachable. Part of him was worried he knew she was his mate, however to be this powerful was unlikely. The pleasure ran through him, as she fed from him. Part of him was embarrassed of his own eagerness to keep her close to him, but he felt her feet give away beneath her. She was passing out, the time she stayed without drinking was too long. "Amelia!" he gathered her in his arms and looked worried at his father, "she's waited too long, she needs to feed otherwise she will die." 

His father acted fast, opening the door to Amelia's room and running to his lab to get a few blood transfusions. Zayden, laid her beneath the soft sheets, she looked peaceful, pale complexion equal to him and read lips parted with her breath. Her dark hair was tumbling down reaching her hips. And beautiful marks that spread through her body, and he watched as the blood seeped into her body much faster than normal, she was recovering back to health. "Don't worry, she will be fine" his mother whispered gently, taking his hand to lead him outside, "you should rest too, we've all had a hard day."

In his own room, he felt reckless. Who was Amelia really? What type of creature was she, yes from the looks of it she was an ordinary vampire but judging by her strength and actions so far something seemed very off about her? Initially he had no partner chosen for him but he clearly saw how Amelia had his mark, a sharp cut of an eclipse moon in her left shoulder. It symbolized that he was the heir of dawn and dusk, but if she had that mark who was she? A million questions bubble in his mind; he couldn't get his head straight, after so many years of peace that on earth was challenging his existence.

He knew that it was not possible when he was created into life the elders made sure he would not develop feelings for no one, so that he would not have any weak points for their enemies, the shadow clan to see. But the circle of light, which was a group of most powerful warriors chosen to ride beside him to win the battle against darkness, was incomplete. Was the missing warrior Amelia? His head hurt, eventually exhaustion clouded his mind and he too fell into deep slumber to recreate the energy he lost.

****

The weight above him struck him down keeping him beneath it, unable to breath he struggled sharp pain ran through him. He felt helpless; he tried summoning his powers but nothing appeared before him. No one was around him to help him, it was cold and darkness surrounded him, taking away his vision. Then suddenly he heard a voice, his vision tunnelled into a green room, he could not see anything but he could hear, "now, I can finally create my ultimate weapon against the circle of light and when time comes, we can destroy them." The scene shifted to a small figure lying broken in the ground then darkness returned leaving him with a million questions in his mind. So, the dark lord has created a weapon against him. He had to find this weapon fast and destroy it before it's too late.  

He knew he had ignored the warnings far too many times, he had to warn his parents about what forthcoming towards them. And he had to get the other heirs of the circle prepared for any battle they might come across. With that thought he fell into deep slumber once more. For the rest of the night it was peaceful, no more disturbances, no more nightmares.