Chapter 5

One moment she was drowning and the next she was waking up choking to find the people who took her home all staring down at her with the exact same expression of worry. The silence drifted through the room, the cold wind creeped under the bathrobe reminding her of her own bareness. Part of her was shocked the memories were ringing in her ears, reminding her of the terrible accident, without her own knowledge hot tears of desperation, fear and grief clouded her eyes. She pulled her legs up to her chin and sobbed silently.

Everyone around her was confused, "Amy, it's okay you're fine" her sister whispered gently, placing her hand against Amelia's cold arm, but Amelia could not look at her. How could she tell her sister that their parents have died because of her? If she wasn't in that car her parents would have been alive, and her sister would have had a family. After all that creature was looking for her, but why? She did not know. She looked up at Clary, "I remember what happened on the day of the accident." She pleaded for fogginess from her sister, begging her with her eyes. 

She explained how they were going towards the shop when something had attacked their car, killing both their parents, and hurting her gravely that she had finally lost her consciousness and how she woke up in the hospital. She didn't dare to tell her of what the creature had said, before it had left. Until she realizes what truly happened and why it would be her secret. But in the corner of her eye she noticed Zaiden watching her with his emerald eyes. He knew, she realized, he knew that she wasn't telling the whole truth to them. But it didn't matter. If she asks, she would tell him the entire truth because some part of her knew that he was the only one she could trust.

Everyone looked sympathetically at her, but pity wasn't something she wanted. She wanted to be absolutely alone. And Zaiden seemed to understand her perfectly, "let's give her some space", he gently whispered to the others. After they left Amelia started to go through everything, she remembered. She knew whatever that creature wanted it has not achieved yet and it will find her. And by taking her in these innocent people have only put themselves in more danger. She knew she had to tell them the truth but she couldn't.

Exhaustion quickly clouded her mind and she began to slip away slowly, in deep peaceful darkness, but not before she was dragged into a merciless dream. She stood in an abandoned building, it was in the center of a town where she saw the man with the hood, he was covered in ebony clothing and he had different chemicals around him. The pungent smell of rotting flesh reached her nose, it looked as if he was conducting an experiment, suddenly something dropped from above, "master ..." it hissed but before the man could answer the vicious creature looked up directly meeting her ruby eyes. Amelia woke up screaming, she was sure that she must have awoken half the sleeping house by now. But no one came in, so she decided to let herself calm down. She changed clothes from the bath robe she wore to a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie she picked from her vast cupboard. Putting on a pair of boots, she grabbed a candle from the kitchen drawer and lit it as she crept out of the safety of her chambers. The hallways of the great house were lonely and dark, the silence that crept throughout the house did not make her comfortable. The pillars in each side of the lengthening hallway created enormous shadows lengthening into different shapes, she felt as if they were great giants waiting watching her patiently as she wondered. The house was filled with rooms she quite did not know where to go. She came across an indoor balcony that looked down on the living room, dining area and kitchen. Above that she could make out different rooms, she walked through them, as she went, she could identify different rooms which had different smells with each person in them. Then she came across a room with a dark door, it smelt refreshing and calming it made her feel safe, she felt like she was near Zaiden. This must be Zaiden's room, she thought to herself. She could not ignore the blush that crept across her cheeks nor could she ignore the thundering of her heart just at that thought. Should she knock? She needed to spill her guts out about everything, she had to tell him.