Chapter 9 | Drown

Taehyung, October 15, 1985, Royal Palace of Azura

"Jimin-shi?" I call out, my hands pressed up against the cold, unforgiving bars of my cell. The silence that envelops me is unsettling, especially since Jimin hadn't visited me since the unsettling incident the other day. Thoughts race through my mind, filling me with a fear that intensifies with every passing moment. I can't help but wonder, did that despicable bastard manage to inflict harm on him in any way?

"Good Morning, Taehyung." I hear the familiar sweet voice call out after a minute. Jimin comes into view and sigh in relief. "Do you need to use the bathroom?"

"No uh I just wanted to make sure your okay." I reply.

Jimin's eyes soften. "Oh, I'm okay," he said. "Thankfully, he decided to let me go with just a warning and a lashing, sparing me from a more severe punishment."

In shock, I quickly draw in a breath and exclaim, "Oh my god, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, it wasn't that bad. It's almost healed, now." Jimin asks. "May I come in?"

Such a gentleman.

"Of-course. I was very bored yesterday. I spent the whole day staring at the wall." I say as Jimin opens the gate and steps in.

Jimin chuckles. "Oh I bet. These gloomy cells get pretty boring eventually." He starts to lean against the wall, to talk more casually.

"Are you okay?" I say as I rush towards him, the chains clanging together, my heart racing with worry at the sight of Jimin leaning against the wall with a pained hiss leaving his mouth.

Jimin grimaces, trying to downplay his discomfort, "Yep, it just hurts a bit, no worries."

"Jimin-shi, I'm so sorry," I apologize profusely, my voice trembling with guilt as I realize the consequences of my actions on his well-being, "It's all my fault. I shouldn't have called for you to come. Please forgive me. I deeply regret causing you this pain, and I feel terrible that you are suffering because of me."

"Oh pretty, don't you worry," Jimin coos soothingly, his voice filled with tenderness and reassurance. "I want you to know that I've endured hardships far greater than a single lashing. Please don't blame yourself for this," he adds, his words meant to comfort and alleviate any feelings of guilt. "You see, the King has his reasons; he simply doesn't appreciate actions taken without his consent. I'm fine, really."

"But-." Jimin cuts me off by placing a finger on my lip, gently silencing my words. Startled by his touch, I obediently shut my mouth, savoring the softness that mirrored his gentle nature. Meeting his gaze, I found myself captivated as his finger tenderly grazed my bottom lip, a moment of fleeting intimacy that left me yearning for more. However, as swiftly as the touch came, Jimin withdrew.

Jimin clears his throat. "Uh so tell me what happened the other day. I heard the King took you to the arena?"

"Yes. He made me show him my abilities and then he just dismissed me after saying he'll come and talk about sinking me. He didn't come though." I explain.

"Sinking you?" Jimin asks.

"Yeah, he wants to see if I can breath underwater." I say.

"But what if you can't?"

"Then I drown." I shrugged.

"Taehyung." Jimin says sternly. "Don't say things like that, okay?"

"Death sounds like better option then suffering here." I say.

"You'll get out of here, I promise. He can't keep you locked in here forever," Jimin says with conviction, his voice full of reassurance and determination. "And death is not an option for you. You will not die, do you hear me? You have so much left to live for, so much brightness waiting for you beyond these walls."

I don't say anything for a minute but then nod. "Can I use the bathroom?"

"Sure." Jimin says as he starts to bring out the handcuffs.

"Park." I turn my body around swiftly when I hear his voice. Jungkook stands outside the cell, staring intently at us, his gaze unwavering as if he holds a secret. The King is dressed in his usual blue robes, the fabric cascading elegantly around him, and the shimmering crown on-top of his head glitters in the dimly lit room, exuding an aura of power and authority. "What are you doing?" 

Jimin moves away from me and bows down. "Your Highness, the captive needed to urgently use the bathroom. I was just helping him."

"Hmm. You may leave." Jungkook orders as he steps into the cell. "I'll help him."

"As you wish, Your Highness." Jimin steps out of the cell and quickly vanishes into the darkness.

"You needed to use the bathroom?" Jungkook asks, staring down at me.

"Uh never-mind." I say. I really don't need help from him.

Jungkook clicks his tongue. "Extend your hands."

"I really don't-."Jungkook silences me with a glare. I extend my hands as Jungkook pulls out 2 bracelets that look like handcuffs but they aren't attached. 

Jungkook carefully slides the chain up my arms, his hands a mere brush against my skin. He slips on the bracelets and locks them in place. He then unlocks the chains, letting them fall to the ground with a loud thud.

"Go." Jungkook says and I rush towards the bathroom. I quickly relieve myself and wash my hands afterwards.

When I get back to the room, Jungkook is standing there with a long piece of royal blue clothing in his hand. He pushes it into my hands and I look at him confused.

"Wear this." Jungkook demands.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I said so. Quickly now. If you don't come out in 1 minute, I'll come in." Jungkook utters.

My face turns horrified and I quickly run into the bathroom to change into the clothing. My dirty trousers and shirt fall into a heap on the floor as I quickly slip into the full body swimming suit. I guess he's going to sink me, today.

Yay.

Feeling a bit unsettled, I stand in front of the mirror-less bathroom, unable to catch a glimpse of my appearance. I can only imagine how the suit fits, hugging my body as if it were painted on. The fabric sticks so close to my skin, almost emphasizing my every contour. I can't shake the feeling that without visual confirmation, I might appear oddly out of place.

I gently walk back into the room, and at that moment, Jungkook raises his eyes to meet mine. His gaze travels up and down my figure in an unabashed manner, seeming to appraise me. A quiet, indistinct murmur escapes his lips and he shakes his head. He then says "Turn around for me."

I do. 

I hear Jungkook's steady footfalls drawing nearer until he is standing right behind me, his presence tangible. As his warm body gently presses against my back, a shiver runs down my spine at the sensation of his heated breath caressing my nape. My body involuntarily tenses up in discomfort, reacting to the unexpected intimacy of the moment.

With a sudden gesture, Jungkook then proceeds to secure the same soft silk fabric over my eyes, eliciting a reflexive flinch as his touch lingers briefly upon my skin. I intake a deep breath as he whispers in my ear, his voice low.

"You look so utterly devourable."

~

Thx for reading

Plz vote, comment and follow

Much love💜💜