160-170

Rebirth of a Star General Chapter 160: Leave

Settings

[], provide free reading of the full text of the truly completed novel!

Liu Buwang's body was just brought back, and he hadn't had time to discuss the burial. Someone came to inform Xiao Jue: The person sent by Her Royal Highness had found Chai Anxi.

Xiao Jue and Lin Shuanghe rushed to the palace immediately.

When he arrived at the Wangfu Hall, Mu Hongjin was talking with his men. When he saw Xiao Jue and the two, he shook his head slightly and said, "He's almost done."

When the two entered the house, they saw a person lying on the floor. The man had an arrow in his heart and was bleeding blood out of the way. A doctor-like man was pressing the wound for him. Lin Shuanghe let the man go out, sat on the edge of the ground, touched his pulse, and shook his head at Xiao Jue: "Not saved."

He was just a doctor, and it was a matter of luck to fight against King Yan. Injured like this, it is impossible to save alive. Lin Shuanghe took out a medicine bottle from his arms, poured a pill out of it, and fed it into Chai Anxi's mouth.

Not long after, the collapsed person struggled to open his eyes.

Lin Shuanghe got up. "There isn't much time. If you have anything to ask as soon as possible, you can only hold your breath." He patted Xiao Jue's shoulder and went out by himself.

Chai Anxi looked up confusedly, and when he saw Xiao Jue's face, the pair of dim eyes suddenly burst into light, and he gasped: "... Er Gong?"

Xiao Jue stared at him indifferently.

"...Second son," Chai Anxi was a little excited, but as soon as he spoke, he spit out a big blood from his mouth, and he asked, "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to find you." Xiao Jue sat down in the chair before the collapse, and his voice was calm. "Five years, now I should be able to know what happened in the battle of Mingshui."

Chai Anxi was stunned for a while, and did not speak for a while.

In fact, Xiao Jue often saw Chai Anxi when he was a teenager. Chai Anxi is a deputy under Xiao Zhongwu. His skill is not the best, but his temperament is the most loyal and honest. Like a black bear, he is about the same size as Shen Han. When he was a boy, Chai Anxi occasionally worked for Xiao Zhongwu in the house. When he saw Xiao Jue, he always smiled happily and called him: "Second Son!"

But now Chai Anxi, who is lying on the floor, and Xiao Jue, who is in memory, are both judged. Chai Anxi is about the same age as Xiao Zhongwu and is now in his prime, but he looks like an old man. His hair was gray and there was a burn on his face. His figure didn't know whether it was shrivelled or what happened, it became very small, just like a child who had not grown up. And he looked at Xiao Jue's gaze, without the love of the past, with remorse, guilty conscience, pain, or something else.

The complexity is shocking.

He smiled bitterly: "Second son, actually you all know."

Xiao Jue didn't speak.

"The general was killed. This man... including me."

Xiao Jue suddenly raised his eyes, fingers in his sleeve clenched into fists.

"You also know," Chai Anxi said very difficultly, "The general has always been dissatisfied with Xu Xiang's too much private power, but his majesty has always trusted Xu Xiang. The general reminded his majesty to be more careful to guard against Xu Xiangsheng's misfortune, Xu Xiang has long been secret to the general. I hate it."