Choice

As the sky continues to grow dark in Delhi, the lavish Dhillon property gleams brighter, welcoming guests from all around the world for Jay & Jivika's wedding celebrations

I'm formally dressed for tonight's soiree, the dinner is organised to mark the beginning of the wedding festives.

August 17th - August 21st.

The Ahluwalias & Tanejas are celebrating the union in authentic Punjabi style at one of  Dhillon chain of Properties' most extortionate hotel, too bad the heir is not in attendance tonight, he will be joining tomorrow straight from Bucharest.

I'm not certain whether my In-Laws will be joining the celebration, I haven't seen them around.

A faint touch on my back turns me around physically and mentally, My eyes welcome the sight of Adira, standing just a step away from me.

“Hey.” She softly speaks, “You good?”

“Yes.” I reply, while trying not to think much about her blue fit.

“Do you mind tagging along for a few minutes? My maternal grandparents must see us together.” She asks in her usual, gentle tone while her eyes stare deeply into mine.

Damn it!

“Sure.” I agree and next slide my hand into hers to begin our happy couple show.

Hand in hand we walk in the gorgeous garden together, smiling once in a while, mostly her. Occasionally we're sharing a few words with others too, still accepting congratulations as newlyweds.

I still find it unreal that I'm married to her.

I shift my gaze on her, she's looking at Jivika & Jay with a grin dancing on her lips but the more closely I try to look, the more it is going away.

I follow her gaze once again to find it now on her maternal grandparents, Param & Keerat Taneja.

Releasing a deep breath, I let go of her hand, she's so into staring at them that she doesn't even notice it.

I take my chance and move my hand to her waist, wrapping my arm around her, pushing her a little to look at me and when she does her breath takes a pause, chest sticks to mine, hand finds my shoulder and eyes turn wide.

“It's not proper to stare, Sweetheart.” I tell her while staring at her, “Let's go and meet them.” As I suggest this, I tug the strand of her hair behind her ear and then slide my fingers down on her neck.

Her skin is cold as usual but my finger tips are definitely burning by her touch.

“No.” She barely vocalizes, my fingers are still resting on the side of her neck, “That's not necessary, If they want to meet us, they will come up by themselves.” She adds, her expressions turning firm.