Distressing

How difficult can it be for a normal person to be a part of a good cause?

It's easy, you do good and then get lost, forget about it and move on with life.

Except I'm not a normal person and my life isn't moving as good as it should after I kissed my wife for good.

She was looking for a merrier memory and as her husband, it's on me to help her, right?

But turns out, I am the one seeking help now, my brain is hijacked, only playing a single memory on repeat.

Another sip of whiskey burns my throat, the same burn I wish to feel in my head to get over the feels of a certain night and a certain someone.

It's been 4 days for fuck's sake!

A touch on my shoulder makes me turn my head to my right, Ryan is standing close, looking down at me with his blue eyes, a flash of concern on his face as he begins to speak, “First you were over working, now you're over drinking.”

“What's the matter?” He asks while sitting on the seat next to me, his hand now removed from my shoulder, I simply smirk and shake my head, not uttering a single word.

“Dammit, You're already pissed.” He mutters and I bring the glass of whiskey to my lips once again, gulping the booze in a single take.

“Let's move home, shall we?” I find him on his feet the second these words leave his mouth but I make no move, “I wish to stay.” I declare.

“We are leaving, you'll thank me tomorrow, trust me.” He says and taps my shoulder so I may move.

I send him a hard glare whereas he returns me the same, I roll my eyes before getting on my feet and then begin to walk out without bothering to check Ryan's presence around.

Arsehole.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

“Yes, It's a good one--”

The rest of my words die in my mouth as I watch my wife taking steps inside my house, my gaze following her movements, hoping for once she'll look around and capture my eyes but she's too focused to move upstairs.

I dismiss my conversation only to land in the state of deep thinking weather I should approach her or not?

She could be jet lagged, I should leave.