"Chapter One"

Chapter One:

~~~~~~~~~~~

"And do you ever feel like you're alone?

And do you ever wish you'd be unknown?

I can say that I have..

And do you ever feel things here aren't right?

And do you ever feel the time slip by?

And I can say that I have..

So hear this please,

And watch as your heart speeds up endlessly,

And look for the stars as the sun goes down,

Each breath that you take has a thunderous sound..

Everything, everything's magic.."

* * * * *

Aiden was awoken by the song that started playing on his alarm clock. It was the best feeling in the world to be woken by some of your favorite music, although AvA wasn't the usual type of music he listened to...

He jumped out of bed, and sang along with lyrics from Tom DeLonge's band as he got dressed in a black punk printed T-shirt and black skinny jeans with matching black Chuck's.

"Just sit back and hold on,

But hold on tight,

Prepare for the best and the fastest ride,

And reach out your hand, and I'll make you

mine.....

Everything, everything's magic!"

Being this happy was surely a rare occasion, honestly Aiden couldn't remember the last time he felt this happy, and he could only guess it had everything to do with Amber... But he couldn't trust that it would last very long, it never did...

He continued humming the tune as he made his way out of his room, practically running down the stairs, but was stopped right in his tracks at the bottom. His eyes narrowed at the tall male figure standing there. Did he always have to wear that black trench coat?

"You sound chirpy today?" his deep voice sounded quite amused as he matched his narrowed brows to his nephew's.

"Well, yeah, but don't go getting used to it now. Is gran in?" he walked past his uncle before he could answer and made his way to the kitchen, where he could already smell the meaty breakfast cooking.

He was grateful that his gran decided to come live with them a few years ago after opening a bakery in town. The smell of the meat made his stomach growl like a wild animal, and his nostrils flared as he took in the aroma that filled the homely kitchen. Was he guilty that he ate more meat than the dog? Hell no...

"Well, look who's decided to join us!" his gran sounded just as chirpy as she placed the plates with toast, eggs, bacon and sausages on the table. They always had this tradition, meat for breakfast, meat for lunch, meat for dinner... Or was it just he who ate meat all day? He couldn't care much, but he was glad his gran always made sure the freezer was stacked with all sorts of meat cuts.

"Hmm, I couldn't quite resist the smell now could I?" he gave his gran a warm smile and sat down, taking a large gulp of his coffee and stuffing his mouth with the bacon and sausage first. His gran seemed delighted that he enjoyed his breakfast this much, so she sat down as well. They were soon joined by his uncle.