"Chapter Three"

Chapter Three:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was another cold night in Chico, past midnight already. The stars shone bright, and along with moonlight, it was not so dark. In a dark alley near some buildings, a dark figure with red eyes could be seen lurking around. It was hungry...

A lone howl could be heard echoing through the streets, and a few lights turned on. Was he imagining it? It had to be another dream.

The creature looked up at a certain window, where he could see the light being switched on, a tired girl peeking through the curtains, her dark hair was messy and her eyes sleepy as it scanned the streets below...

Her dazed expression turned to confusion as the creature made his way out of the dark alley, his golden eyes gleaming strong at the sight of her... He could tell she thought she was dreaming too, that her eyes was deceiving her... The creature seen below, was unheard of in Chico, wild animals weren't supposed to be lurking around town?

He let out another howl as their eyes met, and he could almost feel her heart rate as she gasped at the sight of him... He turned his eyes from her and started running into the darkness. He knew that if he was caught, it would mean the end of his existence...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again Aiden found himself running from the same creature which had haunted his subconscious mind every night for the past few weeks now... There was no stars, only trees, countless trees in black surroundings...

He ran until he had nowhere to run, it felt as though this world was slowly closing in on him and he would never wake up again. His eyes went wide with shock as he found himself at the end of a cliff. No matter how hard he tried to hold on, to keep his balance, he could not stop himself from slipping into an unknown abyss...

"Noooo!" he heard his own voice echo through the night right before he felt a hand grip onto his arm... His other hand automatically gripped for safe ground, which didn't seem to be nearby...

His eyes met with the same creature, the golden eyes glaring down at Aiden as he struggled for survival, a cunning grin upon his face, as if he was finding pleasure in seeing him scared...

"I am not scared of you!" Aiden found a breath to speak once again, confidence building inside him as he watched the creature's dark features which seemed to be almost hellish...

The thing above him smirked and laughed a laugh that was not a normal laugh, but he stopped and smelled the air... "You could have fooled me... You must be dumb if you think you can hide your emotions and feelings from me... Now, I can help you, but I need one thing from you if I do..."

"And you must be crazy if you think I will do anything you want me to do!" he felt his arm slip from the creatures hairy grasp.

"How dare you call me crazy!" The creature let out a inhuman growl that hurt his ears, and with golden eyes now turning red he glared down at Aiden again... "If you do not accept what I have to offer you, you will regret it..." Without warning Aiden was pulled up from the dark abyss and placed on safe ground.

He was surprised at how quick the creature was and he had such brute strength it almost reminded him of the strength his uncle had gripped him with the other day... Was he even supposed to feel anything if this was just a dream?

He looked down at his arm, but when he looked up he saw the hairy claw-like hand being swung towards him. It took him a few seconds to realise he was being flung through the air, landing very hard against a tree with such force he could almost feel his back break...