Chapter 22. Revelations

ALINA

"Who?" I raised my brows peering into the distance.

"Heroes. I'll take care of them." Dabi sighed.

"What do you mean? Alone? How many are there? You can't handle them on your own. They are too strong." I shook my head grabbing onto his arm.

"Look who's worried about a villain." He chuckled.

"Be serious. We both want the same thing. We want Overhaul captured. We can form a truce or something." I pleaded.

I didn't want to see people I knew and cared about getting hurt. I also didn't want to see Dabi hurt.

But a part of me was hoping Bakugou was among the heroes and I'd get a chance to see him again. I had a lot to apologize for.

"Let me talk to them before you do something you'll regret." I pleaded stepping between Dabi and his escape route.

I held my hands out showing him I didn't want a war. He gave me a long hard look before taking two steps forward. His chest came into contact with my hands. Completely stunned, I didn't even move them as he kept coming closer. With my hands still splayed on his chest, I craned my neck to look up at him.

"And what is it I'll regret?" He breathed. I could feel his heartbeat beneath my fingertips. It was strong and steady.

Recalling my previous rescue from the villains, I thought about how emotional it had been for one of my friends in particular. Todoroki. He claimed Dabi to be his long lost older brother. A brother he thought was dead. Looking at him now even with his scarring, I could see faint similarities, but it was the eyes that truly gave him away. Todoroki had one turquoise eye that matched Dabi's exactly.

"Hurting someone you love." I whispered.

His eyes softened but his jaw tightened.

"Love doesn't exist." He stepped away allowing my hands to fall at my sides.

He turned toward the edge of the roof. My mouth opened to call out to him but no words came out. He glanced back at me over his shoulder with a playful smirk on his face.

"I wouldn't hurt him." He shook his head and stepped off of the roof.

I gasped and rushed to the edge only to find him leaping from balcony to balcony until his feet planted firmly on the ground.

He was going to face an army alone.

I have to stop this.

Drawing in a deep breath, I mentally flipped the switch in my brain, but only halfway. The imaginary lever trembled under the weight of wanting to give win, but not now. Now I didn't need to be a monster. Now, I just needed to help my friends.

With my fangs elongated, my senses on high alert, and my eyes glowing red, I followed Dabi's path down with graceful ease.

Landing next to him he snorted folding his arms across his chest and stuck out his tongue.
"Show off." He muttered and I grinned flashing my fangs.

"You're not alone, but I won't hurt them either." I warned.

"Wouldn't have it any other way Fangs." He chuckled holding his arms out wide igniting his palms in blue flame.

They were here.

***
BAKUGOU

"They're moving in. They found the villains hide out." Aizawa announced.

"They can't wait for us?" I growled irritably. We were still stuck in Transylvania. The two villains we caught were still unconscious.

"No. They need to move in before they can assemble an army." He shook his head examining his phone.