Chapter 9. Tensions and Intentions

Bakugou

The ship swayed from side to side as it sailed to the island where Hawks had tracked several drained bodies from. It had been a few days since he has claimed to see the bodies.

They had been taken to the morgue for biopsy and testing. It took the police department even longer to get a search warrant for the privately owned island.

Finally we were on our way.

I'm coming Alina.

I was doing my best to keep a level head and not get my hopes up. It was hard because excitement welled up inside of my chest. I was going to find her.

"Don't forget what I said."

I glanced over my shoulder to see Hawks leaning against a supply crate with his arms folded across his chest. His wings were folded against his back.

"About what you might find." He hinted.

"I remember." I muttered looking back out to the sea.

My only thoughts were for Alina. I knew not to get my hopes up, but I also knew they needed her for leverage in a sick and twisted game of some kind that had to do with her family, so I knew she was valuable to them, and therefore likely not harmed.

Still it doesn't mean they are above torture. She could be a completely different person when we find her.

I sighed as Hawks words weighed heavily on my shoulders.

I just want her back.

"We'll find her, and sooner than you think." Aizawa suddenly appeared beside me. I hadn't heard him approach.

"What makes you say that?" I asked glancing  at him over my shoulder.

"Because there is the island." He pointed over the railing.

Sure enough on the horizon where the sun was setting was the beginnings of the shape of an island.

Alina. We're coming for you.

ALINA

Earlier

It wasn't because it was hot. It wasn't because I was afraid. It wasn't because I was uncontrollably thirsty. No, I was tossing and turning in the grand bed in the little love shack because of the man lying on the couch.

Dabi had cleaned up after dinner and when I finally emerged from the bathroom, was lying on the sofa. He had removed his socks, boots, and even his shirt. He lie on the sofa with one arm draped over his eyes. His chest rose and fell with each breath.

From where I stood, I could clearly see the purple patchwork of his mutilated skin mingled with the soft creamy color of his normal skin. Much like with his face and arms, the two toned skins were held together with medical staples.

His form was lean but his shoulders and arms were broad and well toned. His abdomen was well defined with six perfect squares.

Jeez, Alina, stop staring!

Averting my gaze I slipped out of the jumpsuit and stood in just the oversized beater.

I felt exposed as the loose fabric rubbed against my bare breasts, and hung off of one shoulder. A slight breeze rolled through the open window causing the hem of the shirt to rise above my thighs.

With a little squeak I quickly pulled it down only to hear a light chuckle carried in the wind.

Glancing up at the sofa, I could make out aqua blue eyes watching me from beneath his arm.