Run Away

While someone was screaming frantically, Bada was in a panic state trying to find a way to get the girls back home. She looked around trying to find any type of transportation ignoring the screams. 

"Bada, someone needs our help. We need to help them," you said as you tried to run back into the building but she held your arm tightly when she saw someone walk out of the building 

"I don't... I don't want to die... Please," the woman said as she walked towards you. Bada pulled you back and you all started walking backwards. Sowoen was already shedding tears and the others were shocked to see the woman. 

Her eyes were a pale white color and her skin was almost gray. She gasped for air and Bada kept pushing you guys back. Suddenly, the woman collapsed on the floor and she was long gone. 

"Bada... we need to get out of here now," Tatter said as she walked down the parking lot. 

"Look. There is a van right there. Maybe we can find the keys to it inside," Kyma ran to the van followed by the other girls. But she couldn't open the door. It was locked. 

She cursed under her breath. You all felt helpless and scared. You held Sowoen in your arms while she cried. 

"Can you look at any news on social media? anything?" Minah asked. 

"Let me check," Bada said finally pulling out her phone. She scrolled and scrolled trying to find something but the news didn't explain anything and just told everyone to stay home. 

She remembered she followed a very strange guy that would explain scientific abnormalities so she went to his page. 

 "As you can see, I am covered head to toe. I needed to come to see what this is. The new virus that is attacking thousands by the second. According to this video, their eyes turn white and the skin loses all color until their last breath. It is not recommended to go out or be six feet near anyone who has a cough, fever, or vomiting since this new disease can kill you in a matter of minutes cutting off your airways and attacking your brain..." Bada kept listening to the video and looked around. 

"Watch around for people. We don't want to be too close to anyone right now," the tall girl said and you started looking around. 

"...they call this virus COVID-24 since it has the same symptoms but kills faster attacking several parts of your body," Bada finally cut off the video when she saw the dead body in the video. 

"Holy shit. We have to get home now," she said. 

"Girls! Please help! We need to get home!" one of the judges said but he was already coughing. Bada's eyes widened. She held your arm and Cheche's as she pulled you back. The man was short of breath and he struggled to run. 

"Shit... move," You said and grabbed a rock that was on the floor. You threw it at the window of the van and unlocked the doors. You yelled at everyone to get in and they followed. 

Luckily, you found the keys in the glove compartment and started the car quickly driving off. Bada was in the passenger seat next to you and the rest of the girls were all in the back trying to calm down from the adrenaline rush. 

The two youngest ones were in the back holding each other. 

"Bada, it says here that many are on lockdown and the sick are in quarantine. The doctors are giving them antibiotics which helps a lot," Lusher said as she looked through her phone. 

"I have a lot of those at home. We need to find them," Kyma said. 

"It's just a two-hour drive but the roads are clear so I'll go faster. We'll be there soon. For now, please try to calm down, okay?" you said and the girls nodded. 

A few thirty minutes in, you looked at the rearview mirror to notice Cheche and Sowoen sleeping against each other. Minah and Lusher were listening to music, while Tatter and Kyma looked out of the window.  Your girlfriend rested her head on her palm and she seemed to be asleep. 

You were gripping the steering wheel tightly. You were scared. You had no one to lose so you could just imagine how the girls were feeling, not knowing how their families were doing. You swallowed hard and put your eyes on the road again. 

You felt a tear threaten to escape your eye but you held back. You promised you would never let anyone see you cry and no one ever has. Not when you broke your arm, not when you lost your dog, not even when your parents died. 

Bada didn't know why you wouldn't cry but she often got worried for you. 

You jumped at the sudden touch and realized Bada was now holding your hand tightly. 

"It will all be okay, baby. Don't worry," she said and you smiled. The warmth of her touch made you feel better. It made you feel like, indeed, everything would be okay. 

That was until you felt the car make storage noises and you had to pull over for the car to completely stop. You looked at the dashboard and noticed there was no gas in the tank. 

"This cannot be happening..." you said as you pulled out your phone. It was dead. 

"Does anyone have battery on their phones?" you asked looking back. 

"We all do. We just have no signal. I tried calling and texting my parents but nothing went through. What should we do now?" 

"I don't know... maybe just rest. It's getting dark. Do we have tape or something to cover the window?" Bada asked. You shrugged and you both got out of the car to look in the trunk/ There you found a roll of tape, a screwdriver, and a hammer. 

Bada used the tape to cover the broken window and took the tools in self-defense. 

"Better safe than sorry, right?" she said. You got in the van, locked all the doors, and all of you got ready to sleep. You kept an eye out for any dangers as Bada lay her head on your shoulder in deep slumber. 

⋆.˚✮TBC✮˚.⋆