Protect

The scene before your eye broke you. The pool of blood was larger and the blood was all over the place and Sowoen was completely drenched in it. A man was on the floor lifeless and covered in wounds and blood as well.

"Sowoen, are you okay?" You said as you ran to her and picked her up. She was cold to the touch, shivering and tears running from her eyes as she looked at nothing. She seemed to be in shock.

You knew because that's the same state you were in when you found out about your parent's death.

You felt something sharp grace your leg and looked down. She was gripping a broken glass bottle. You gripped her hand and forcefully removed the bottle from her hand. You took her out of the fridge and made her sit with Cheche in a corner.

Tatter and Kyma grabbed water and rags to help clean up Sowoen's bloody hands and face and you repeated to her that you were there and that everything was going to be alright, hoping that would snap her out of her trace.

She ended up falling asleep on your shoulder.

-

After a few hours of sitting there thinking of what to do to get out of the place without being infected, you felt Sowoen move. She was starting to wake up but suddenly her breathing increased and she started screaming.

"Sowoen! It's me! It's Y/N unnie! Tatter is here and Cheche. Look at me!" You held her head as Kyma hugged her body tightly.

She eventually calmed down as you kept eye contact with her and she threw herself in your arms.

"Unnie, I was scared. I didn't mean to do it, unnie," she cried and you stroked her head until she calmed down.

"Shh it's alright," you said.

"Sowoen, why did you leave the van?" Kyma asked softly.

"I... I wanted to find fuel for the van and I remembered we had passed a gas station not long ago so when there was more sunlight I walked to get some. As I walked into the store, I realized that I didn't have any money and the worker he..."

She paused and closed her eyes tightly.

"He took me to the fridge and tried to take advantage of me. I panicked and kicked him. He fell and I grabbed a bottle and... I killed him," she said as her voice began to fade.

"Hey, you did the right thing. Right now we need to find out how to get out of here so please calm down. No one will ever know we were here and I'll make sure of it," you said holding her face.

She nodded and stood up. Tatter and Kyma made sure Sowoen drank water. You looked around and found masks. You took several of them and also vinyl gloves.

"Call Minah. Ask her if she found anything and keep her on the line so we can create a plan. Cheche, Sowoen. Come here," They walked to you. Using a cloth tape, you made sure the masks were secured and no contaminated air entered their maks.

You placed gloves on their hands and made sure everything was secured.

"Y/N, we found many things to use. Alcohol, gloves, and masks. What should we do?" you heard Minah say through the phone.

"Cover yourself with everything you can. Take all the alcohol you can so we can clean ourselves. We found fuel," you replied.

"I will take the fuel and fill up the car. You all will wait for me to pick you up and then we can get out of here,"

"No! you can't go out there by yourself. Are you out of your mind?" Bada chimed in.

"Bada-"

"No, Y/N! Stop doing things to put yourself at risk. What the hell is wrong with you,"

"Dam it, Bada! I already lost my parents. I don't give a fuck if I have to die. I am not losing you or any of these girls. You are all my happiness and if I lose one of you, I lose myself. I can handle it. Listen to me!" you shouted at the phone and they all looked at you in concern.

A loud silence was heard.

"I am going to take the fuel and I will be back. Do not leave this place and if you can, have another fuel tank ready so we can fill up the van. I love you girls," You said before hanging up the phone.

You kissed Sowoen and Cheche's forehead who were already shedding a few tears. And so you parted with the fuel tank in your hand. Walking slowly, making sure no one was around. Then you ran. You ran as fast as you could and finally saw the van.

You opened the fuel tank door and started inserting fuel into the van making sure you looked around.

What you didn't know is that there was some hidden on the other side of the van. You felt a strike on your leg and winced.

"Thank you for the fuel pretty girl. I've been waiting for you. Now, I will go and..." The unknown men fell to the floor and lay there unconscious.

A tall figure stood before you.

⋆.˚✮TBC✮˚.⋆