Chapter-22

Isabella(pov)

Isabella(pov)

I have completely avoided Marco. He avoids my eyes too. It has been like that for some while and that does not bother me.

Rico has been taking it too far, the bullying is turning straight into abuse and he nearly burned me with his cigarette.
"Stop!" I pleaded him as he placed the burning cigarette  slowly towards my forearm and I feel the heat of the fire. He didn't burn me.

"Ohh I love it when you beg me." I shove him out of the way and I can hear him and his laughing at me.

My legs shake in fear as I come out of the bathroom with my hands clenching the blazer. This is getting out of hands and I am scared he might take it a little too far. I wipe the tears with the back of hand and go to my locker.

The bell rings and its the last period. It is PE now and everyone gathered in the ground, after some laps the teacher left us to let us play whatever we want.

~

I was not sitting on the grass this time but I was holding the baseball bat with the big helmet that is pushing my head down and I have to push it upwards every time.

Troy pulled me to their team saying that I have potential and I simply followed him. The match went on smoothly and I nearly got out but if I have to get out that is only if I hit a home run.

"Strike three! Batter out!" I hear. At least I hit a home run.

"You played good Isabella." Troy says to me and pats my back. I plop on the ground and stretch my legs. "You are good." I hear someone say to me.

I look at the voice to see a dark haired boy sitting next to me with his arms on his knees.

"Thank you." I say quietly and take the water bottle father has packed for me.

"I am Marcus." He says to and looks at me expectantly to introduce myself.

"Isabella." I say in a gentle voice and he smiles at me. "Are you new here? I have never seen you before." I nod at him.

"I believe you are new to this city too right?" Marcus says with his eyebrows raised at me and I just nod at him.

"I thought to introduce you two." We turn our heads at Troy's voice as he plops down beside me. Troy is to my left and Marcus is to my right. "You are from Kentucky right? Isabella?" Troy questions and I just nod.

"Hey, tomorrow we have game in the local park." Troy starts and he turns a little towards me. My eyebrows scrunch at him. "You are wonderful in baseball! Would you join our team?" Troy says with a light sparkle in his dark brown eyes and I get lost in them.

As if it was the right moment the sun falls on his face at a certain angle making his dark brown skin shine in golden brown. He gives me a smile showing his pearly white teeth.

Calm down girl!

"Troy! It is only boys. No girls are allowed." Marcus reminds Troy and momentarily snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I know but look at her. She looks like a guy in the helmet I mean if she puts her hair up and wears some loose shirt and shorts. She would look like a guy. I am not saying you look like a guy!" He quickly says. I look down at my chest and heat pooled in my cheeks.

I KNOW I am flat.

I nod at him and get up from the ground and turn around to face them.

"Okay. I am willing to play for you but at one condition." I point my finger at them.

"You should do whatever I say for every home run I hit." I say to them and they look at each other faces like they are talking through their minds and I wait there patiently and hoping for them to agree.

A minute later they looked at me and gave a sharp nod. I was amused their coordination but neverthless I gave a smile to them.

"So! Give me the address of the park."

~~~~~

The moment I step into the house I plop myself on the couch and rest my head. A sigh leaves me and the air from the fan above me head dries off the sweat.

"Bambina! Have some water and go change." I hear father call me from the kitchen and I give a hum as a reply.

I haven't talked to Marco and I am scared how he might react when I confront him. His while presence scares me and slowly I am not even feeling safe in this new house with these new people.

Every time I enter this house I forget what good has happened in school and get reminded of all the bad things and it depresses me.

I do as father says and stay in my room and pick up maths book. Exponents.

Soon as I complete one side of the assignment the paper infront of me in drenched in tears. I get so frustrated when I can't solve maths.

Even Google is not helping.
Yeah I am not going to do well in the exam.

I close all my books and pack my bag. I let out a sigh and rest my head on the desk and look out the window.

Math is killing me.

I close my eyes and my mind travels straight to Rico. He is scary.
My hand travels to the collar of my round neck sweat shirt and I clutch it with hands and pull it up until it covers my nose and let out a sigh.

He and his friends get away with anything. Anytime I get the idea to snitch on him my body shivers.

What have I done to make him treat me like that?

Tears form in my eyes as I hear his cackles in my head when he trashes me around.

I wrap my hands around my head to stop those noises.

Soon the laughs turn into Greg's voice.

The time where he tried to rip my skirts. The time where he hit me with the bat.

"A simple thing. Do as I say. Was that hard for you little one?" He says that everything I try to get away from him.

When will this stop?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I KNOW it's been a long time.

VOTE.SHARE.SUPPORT.

Thank you for the reads and votes. <3