Chapter-23

Isabella(pov)

Isabella(pov)

My entire body shakes as I let my tears out. I see the book under me drenched with tears.

I close the book and place it aside and let out a sigh.

A knock is heard on my door and I look behind to see Dante.

Dante raises one of his eyebrows and walks towards me. He is in his work clothes still indicating that he just arrived from work.

His white coat indicates that he is a  doctor and that reminds me of those words mam had said to me in class.

All my brothers were good in studies.

An uncomfortable feeling settles in my chest and I look down for a second and look back at him again.

He takes the stool which is present beside my desk and sits next to me.

"Whats wrong?" He says in a gentle voice. I was about to open my mouth but stop when I realize no one in my entire life had ever said those words to me.

Not even Vanessa.

I point to my maths book and open it again. "This is really hard." I say to him and he takes it to his hands. 

Dante analyzes the book and gives me a smile. "I was bad too and that's why I left maths in high school. Don't worry, these are still basics. I can teach you." He pauses and glances at me and says in a doubtful voice
"If you don't mind?"

His face gives me a smile and I hand him the pen. Dante proceeds to teach me about them and I cam finally complete the extra problems given without crying.

"Thank you Dante." I say to him when I put the assignment sheet in the folder.

He gives me a smile and gently rubs the back of my neck. I freeze.

Dante's touch doesn't mean any harm. I know that but it doesn't feel right.

It reminds me of someone else. That someone who I don't want to remember.

Dante takes his hand off and says toget down for dinner and leaves the room.

I look around my newly renovated room. It's looks perfect.
No one can believe it was burned.

~~~~~~~~

Once I sit in my chair and dig in the food Dad had placed on my plate I feel stares.

Marco.

His name gives me guilt. He remind of mom's death. But I know it's not my fault but a part of me feels like it.

I grip the spoon harder and try to focus on the food. While I tried to distract myself I member about the match Troy and Marcus said in school.

They said to meet at the local park tomorrow and I can't wait.

Our team should definitely win so that they can show me the city.