Infatuation

Ever since he left my house that evening, I had spent all day, everyday, thinking about him. I found myself drowning in the thoughts of him being interested in me; in the thoughts of him wanting me. He wasn't like any other guy that I had met. He wasn't as outgoing, he was serious most of the time, and he had a near blank gaze. I could tell by the way he was that he was different. 

I had searched and searched all over social media to possibly find a profile. Nothing. The closest thing I had found was Izana's and he hadn't posted anything since 2003. They were both mysterious and inactive on all platforms. 

I didn't even have his number, nor did he have mine, but I kept checking my phone to see if maybe he would've called or texted. The most I got was a few texts from Rindou, asking to see me and asking if I was alright. Our conversations didn't last long though, as I started to ignore him while being lost in my infatuation with Kakucho. 

It was just something about him. He was cold, dark, and seemingly stuck within himself. I knew he had a sweet, warm side to him when he had taken me home and cooked me breakfast the next morning. I kept thinking about how different it felt while being around him, and I wanted more. 

I couldn't help but to feel sort of weird about how much I was thinking about Kakucho. I didn't really have anybody to talk to about it besides Zoe, who told me that he might be bad news and that I shouldn't get involved with either him or Izana. She had heard some things through the grape vine that Tenjiku was involved in drug dealing as well and with him being one of the leaders, he surely was up to no good. I found this hard to believe. 

While hanging out with Zoe and Liz in the parking decks one night, I had gotten up the courage to talk to Liz in order to find out more about Kakucho. 

"Yeah he uh, he's pretty strange if you ask me. He would often go out and pick fights with other large gangs in their hideouts in order to toughen up." She would explain. 

"What else do you know about him?" I asked, like a creep. 

"Val, seriously, come on. Drop it." Zoe would say, glued to her phone as she was texting Ran. 

"He's a loner. He's good friends with Rindou, they work out together." This made me feel more guilty. I felt like I had ditched Rindou for a man that didn't even show any interest in me at all, let along, it being one of his friends. 

"I just, have a strange feeling about him, I don't know..." I started to blush, thinking of him. 

"Sounds like you like him, to be honest!" Liz exclaimed while laughing. The truth was that I was very attracted to him despite everything he was said to be. "I don't think he's ever even had a girlfriend to be real with you, he's quite a scary looking guy." 

I gave her a sharp look. Looks aren't everything and underneath his rough exterior, I could tell he was a total sweetheart by the way he treated me the night was forced to stay with me. 

"I don't find him scary." I said, turning towards Zoe who was ignoring the entire conversation and on her phone. Still, I wanted to know more, so I asked when was the next Tenjiku meeting and was met with both pairs of eyes staring into my soul. 

"Tomorrow at nine o'clock." Replied Zoe, who was going to be there with Ran. Apparently, they had made things official and he wanted her to attend the meetings with him. She had told me that things were heating up between Toman and Tenjiku and we had to make it clear which side we were on. I didn't care though, my focus was on Kakucho at the moment. I needed to get him alone so that we could talk without being interrupted and that maybe I could get his phone number at least. 

When I said the infatuation with him was serious, I meant it. I felt it in my chest every time I thought of him. I was attending that meeting and the after party no matter the costs. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Nine o'clock rolled around and us three walked in the warehouse. Zoe ran off to Ran and Shion came up to Liz and started hugging and kissing on her. I looked over and saw Rindou, who looked like he wanted to do the same, but refrained. Guilt came over me as I deferred my gaze from him and looked at the floor. I went to stand in the corner of the warehouse. 

I was lost in my thoughts as I heard my name being called from the left side. I turned to face Izana, who had came over to me to speak to me personally. I was in shock to say the least. 

"Valerie, right?" He said as he stepped closer. 

"Hi, Izana..." I turned towards him, giving him my full attention. 

"Do you remember me?" He asked and I nodded my head, almost too excited to see him. "Come with me, we need to talk." 

I followed him up the stairs and to the top of the warehouse where we stood and looked over the city. That's when he did the unexpected: he wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his face into my neck. I hugged him back tightly before letting him go. 

"How are you doing? I haven't seen you in ages and you're all grown up now!" He had a smile on his face. It was weird seeing him smile like this; it was almost a sadistic smile. Before I even got the chance to speak, he was asking me about Kakucho staying at my house on the night it snowed really heavy. 

"I'm fine, and he stayed purely out of safety..." I was scared to give him too much detail. I knew Izana, therefore, I knew how Izana liked to play. I knew that he was sadistic, cold, arrogant, and wicked. I knew that he had no emotions besides anger and despair inside of him and more importantly, I knew he liked to have control. 

Being Kaine's little sister left me vulnerable to the S62 generation, as they all felt the need to control or protect me. I could feel it in my bones when they all looked at me or even stood next to me. In short, I may be younger than Izana but I was smarter than him. I could read people like a book. I knew what he was up to; he was manipulative. 

"I don't care much about that, I just wanted to make sure that you were comfortable with my subordinate being in your house in the first place." He looked at me with a serious expression and tone in his voice. 

"Should I have a reason not to trust your right hand man, Izana?" I tilted my head, playing the game he was initiating. 

"Not at all. Kakucho is very loyal and protective. He wouldn't hurt you, unless I told him to." He smiled a devious smile. 

Izana was staring at me now as I had went silent at his comment. I was almost positive that not even Izana could convince Kakucho, a five foot ten,  140 pound man, to seriously hurt me. 

Suddenly, I heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairway and the metal door open. Kakucho stepped out. 

"Izana, the meeting should begin." He said with a stoic tone to his voice. He glanced over at me and gestured for us to come down stairs as he led. 

I went and stood in my corner with Liz and Zoe as they kept whispering me about what in the world Izana had wanted from me. I didn't answer them, in fear that our private conversation would be spread across Tenjiku. 

One more thing that I had gathered from speaking with Izana and reading through his facade - he was interested in mine and Kakucho's newfound friendship.