Chapter 7: Convoy

CITY BRIDGE - DAY

A convoy of CAV Vehicles, consisting of a Truck with a Trailer containing the Shadow Amethyst and a few utility vehicles creating a barrier with the trailer truck. In a nearby cliff, Team Knight have them on their sights, and are ready to move out. They drive a couple of vehicles chasing after the convoy. The Soldiers take notice of this and sent out a small squad of drones.

"Drones?" Vantis asked.

"Spade's models, newly armed!" Rosa replied.

The drones open fire, but Knight got his blaster and shot at them, destroying them. The Knight gets close to the truck and fires his grappling hook at the trailer, getting to the top, Velvion flys with her Jetpack accompanying The Knight. Nearby, XT flies into the trailer firing his rifle at them.

"They don't pay me enough for this," XT remarked.

XT continues to fire his rifle at the Knight, Knight lunges and slices XT's rifle in half with relative ease. XT throws a punch to the Knight's helmet, knocking him back as XT lets out his pistol firing at the Knight, the Knight deflects the bullets with the blade of his sword, XT charges at the Knight, thrusting towards him with his Jetpack. Velvion sees this and tries to help out the Knight only to find CAV Flight Soldiers in pursuit.

"Uh, we got more soldiers inbound!" Vantis said.

Some CAV Soldiers were equipped with Jetpacks so they jumped to the trailer and fired their guns at the Knight and Velvion. Velvion and Vantis fire their guns back, taking out the flight soldiers. XT and The Knight continue to throw punches out to one another, XT gets out a combat knife, attempting to stab the Knight. 

The Knight knocks XT in the head, snatching his Knife from his hand, stabbing him in the chest, and kicking him down, off the trailer truck. A CAV Helicopter is seen, stopping the convoy, the door opens with a gun turret on the front firing at the heroes and Lydia waiting at the helicopter, to jump to the truck.

"If nobody can do it, best better do it yourself" Lydia said as a soldier grabs the Shadow Amethyst and hands it to her.

Magnieus knocks the Amethyst off of Lydia's hand, Lydia grabs Magnieus by the throat as a flight soldier flies in and grabs the Amethyst.

"A shame, you're useless to me now." Lydia says as she impales Magnieus' throat with a crystal needle she formed in her hand, killing him instantly.

"No!" Vantis shouted.

Lydia and the remaining CAV forces leave in the helicopter. Team Knight reflect on this failure.

SPADE CYBERNETICS BUILDING - AFTERNOON

Lily and Autumn try to hide somewhere after hours, believing that Ivan was working with the CAV.

"Autumn are you sure about this?" Lily asked

"Yes, I'm certain" Autumn replied

Lily and Autumn sneak into Ivan's office to find some files that he's hidden. Files including blueprints for the drones and Ultra Knight, prosthetics and an unknown recording. Lily plays the files being an extract of Ivan first meeting the CAV.

UNKNOWN LOCATION - 11 MONTHS AGO

A helicopter is seen landing in a snowy area with a CAV Squad led by Lydia. The Helicopter lands and Ivan is seen leaving the helicopter to meet with the Crystal Empress.

"Mr Spade" Lydia said.

"Ms, uh..." Ivan replied, trying to remember Lydia's surname.

"Crystallis" Lydia replied.

"Yes, sorry, I'm not used to meeting people of your caliber," Ivan replied.

"That's okay, thank you for accepting my offer," Lydia said.

"Ah yes, the deal, I supply you with advanced weapons and drones and a spot as a legitimate organization." Ivan said.

"Yes, however, there is one known person, who will be a detriment to my plans." Lydia said.

"The Knight. I do have a prototype model to counteract our little problem." Ivan replied.

"I see, mind showing me this prototype?" Lydia asked

"He is Alpha Model 01, or as the design team named it, 'Ultra Knight'". Ivan replied showing a hologram of the Knight drone model.

"Interesting, he will be great for our plans". Lydia said, impressed at what Ivan could do with his company.

"However, there is a problem of my own that has been a thorn in my side for quite a while now, and given what happened 13 months ago, you know who it is." Ivan replied

"VossTech Industries." Lydia said

"I expect the Knight to show up, but he will expect you people, but with Ultra Knight, things will be different. If we go forward with this and things go smoothly, your army and my company will stand on top." Ivan replied.

"There is something I will say Mr Spade, Voss has a daughter, who has a deep love for the Knight, and contributed to my last loss, this time will be different." Lydia said.

"How so?" Ivan asked.

"You cut one half of the heart, the other will bleed." Lydia replied.

"Will consider it, nice making a deal with you, Empress." Ivan said with a smirk.

Recording ends.

SPADE CYBERNETICS OFFICE - PRESENT DAY

Lily and Autumn are horrified at what they just saw in the recording.

"Oh my god..." Lily said.

"He planned this from the start! He was gonna have both Mr Voss and Kirstie killed and none of us realized it." Autumn realized.

"We have to warn the authorities of this, we have to warn the Knight." Lily said.

A flashbang grenade is tossed through the door and Ivan, accompanied by a security force, arrives at the office.

"I am deeply disappointed Autumn, you showed promise for an intern." Ivan said.

Ivan then takes a look at Lily.

"And you, for a blogger, you got some nerves, uncovering my plan. I guess, some people were too smart for their own good." Ivan said.

"You're a psychopath!" shouted Lily.

"Unfortunately, history doesn't write itself to make that perception. Take them to a room, quietly, my collaborators will be here soon." Ivan replied.

The Security forces take Autumn and Lily into a room and locked the door behind a password.