Chapter 8: True Intentions

SPADE CYBERNETICS - NIGHT

Lydia and Ivan both are at an office while CAV special forces are seen bringing the Shadow Amethyst for a machine Ivan is constructing. Ivan brings out wine for a drink.

"Care for some?" Ivan asked.

"No thank you, I can enjoy the moment my own way." Lydia replied.

Ivan puts his glass down.

"Tell me, what exactly does this profession bring to you?" Ivan asked.

"What do you mean?" Lydia replied.

"This drive, this push, to be on top with little opposition." Ivan replied.

"Isn't it obvious already? I want to be at the top, to be recognized as something strong and fierce." Lydia said.

"I've met plenty of people in my life, Empress, and with some of those people I see an act, an act that makes them believe in something in a way that they otherwise can care less about. In all the time we've worked together, I've noticed something on your mind, and it's not the Knight" Ivan said.

Lydia scoffs.

"Well, it began a long time ago, long before I became the Empress of the CAV" Lydia said.

VEILUS ACADEMY - 16 YEARS AGO - AFTERNOON

Outside of Veilus Academy is a young girl with black hair and purple eyes walking out of the front entrance, avoiding any attention drawn to herself. Suddenly a trio of Girls walk out into the scene, of them shouts.

"Hey freak!" Hazel shouted

Lydia tries to ignore Hazel's call and walks away further.

"Didn't you hear me? Come here!" Hazel shouted again

Lydia reluctantly turns around.

"What do you want, Hazel?" asked Lydia

Hazel and her posse walk toward Lydia.

"Hey, I know we aren't on the best terms..." Hazel said.

"No, we aren't." Lydia remarked.

"But you seem to be short on something," Hazel replied.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Lydia said.

"Abby, Violet," Sally said.

Abby and Violet grab Lydia's arms while Hazel is rummaging through Lydia's bag.

"What are you doing? I have important things in that bag!" Lydia said in retaliation.

"Oh please, they have about as much worth as your life" Hazel replied.

Hazel finds nothing important in their bag. The bullies then decide to kick Lydia down until a nearby car arrives, outside of the car is Lydia's father.

"Hey! Leave my daughter alone! Don't you girls have any dignity!" Preston shouted.

"Whatever old man, come on girls, we're leaving" Hazel says as she and her posse leave.

Preston walks to Lydia, covered in bruises and a tattered Academy Uniform.

"Come on, let's go." Preston says as he helps his daughter up, going to the car.

The car was driving around, Preston tries to talk things out with his daughter.

"Hey, don't worry about them, they're just trying to mess with you," Preston said.

"That's what you said last time. I've been through this before." Lydia replied

Just as Preston was about to talk another car came in too fast causing a crash with the both of them. Next thing Lydia knew, she was awake in the hospital. Turns out it is a medical facility in a nearby CAV base.