Chapter 3: A walk in the library

Alice put her hand into the palm of Mr. Hatsim

"It is very nice to meet you sir." Alice stepped back so she was standing next to her mother. Alice was truly mesmerised by this man that it seemed as if she knew him already, but that would silly because she had met him before would not forgot him.

"My dear Lady Liddell your daughter is a beauty, the apple did not fall far from the tree." He smiled at Alice's mother. Mr. Hatsim looked back Alice and smiled once again at her.

"Miss Alice I see that you have met my companion Mr. White, I hope he did not boor you with his chatter, he has a habit of not holding his tongue when supposed to." Mr. Hatsim looked at his friend to see him blushing with embarrassment.

"Mr. White was a perfect gentleman Mr. Hatsim." Alice said.

"I have just invited Mr. Hatsim to join us for dinner tomorrow evening, and he may bring his friend he wants." Ellen joyfully, she loved dinner parties.

"I hope you do not have plans with a beau Miss Alice, it would be a shame to keep you away from him." His voice was dark and low but with a ting lust that sent Alice's heart beating wildly.

"No Mr. Hatsim I do not have a beau, so I will be looking forward to our dinner party tomorrow." Alice replied. He cocked a grin at her, "Then I'll be looking forward to it." He said and with tip of his hat he left with Mr. White at his side.

"He sure is handsome, isn't he Alice?" Her mother asked

"He is alright, terribly over dressed for a garden party." Alice said in return.

"Well he told that he just arrived in town and did not have the time to change because he does not have a valet at hand. So he came to Lord Grey's with the clothes on his back." Alice and her mother began to walk to the big house to sit for lunch and was on her mind the entire time.

Alice had finished her garden salad when the man in black sat down at her side.

"Miss Alice, how has your day been?" Mr. Hatsim asked.

"My day has been quite nice thank you, and how was yours been? Alice asked in return

"It has been... eventful." He smiled at her. He then got up and extended her hand to Alice. "Please join me for a stroll before you leave please." Alice thought for a minute, thinking about whether or not it was good to be in the company of this stranger. She then extended her hand and began to walk with through the halls of Lord Grey's London house.

"How long are you in town for ?" Alice was curious about this man she was walking with.

"Oh I don't know, as long as I need to be." He answered.

"Are you here on business?"

"Something like that." This man was very brooding Alice began to think. Who is this man who makes her heart flutter? They had walked into the library; Lord Grey always kept the library open to his guest so that they may enjoy the company of his millions of books.

"Miss Alice I have something to ask you."

"What is it?" Alice was face to face with

"Do you read fairy tales?" His question had caught Alice off guard.

"Not since I was a child."

"I see which your favorite was?"

"Snow White and the seven Dwarves"

"That is a good one." He chucked a bit before becoming serious.

"Miss Alice I would like to ask for your company tomorrow, if your father will allow it." Alice's heart skipped a beat, this strange handsome man wanted to see her again.

"Father is not around much, but I'm sure mother will not have any objections."

"Wonderful, then I will see you tomorrow at noon?"

"I look forward to it." She tried to seem flirty but had a feeling it failed, because then tipped his hat and left the room, with Alice staring at him.