Chapter 10: Journey through wonderland

Alice and Cheshire where into Wonderland after a few hours, the land scape looked different everywhere Alice looked. She had come to the conclusion that Wonderland is its own person into every aspect, never the same, a round character.

"Chesie you said you're immortal, so were here when Wonderland was peaceful and not at war with each other?" asked Alice. Chesie stopped walking and turned to Alice.

"Yes." He answered, "I was here when Wonderland was just starting out."

"How is that?"

"Wonderland is a world like no other; it was no created by a God like yours but by dreams, imagination, love, death. Wonderland has a beating heart and we do what we can to keep it beating." There was a long pause before he started talking again. "I remember why the first queens of Wonderland starting in the first place. They were sisters and they were very close nothing could come between them. One day a prince showed up on their doorstep and he was welcomed in with opened arms by both queens. He played their affections and used it against them until he got what he wanted and then he what he deserved. The two sisters were too damaged that they couldn't patch the bond they once had. They fought over everything, always leading back to that prince. Finally they couldn't stand see each other anymore and they divided their kingdoms and were sworn enemies ever since." Alice listened and then spoke up.

"So are White and Scarlet sisters to?"

"No they are not. A new queen is not born but chosen by the last queen. White was a poor orphan girl in a dying village, she was spared by the former White Queen, Queen Snow. Scarlet was the opposite, she was the daughter of the wealthy duke. Once they became queens a new personality set in. White became humble, giving and kind, but she is also greedy. Scarlet became angry with the world, blaming others for the problems of the past never looking forward. That's why she is raising the Bandersnatch again, to finish what was once started." Chesie began to lick his paw while Alice thought about the Red Queen. She wasn't so mean once, just burdened with the anger of the form queen. Alice wondered if there was a way to help Scarlet.

"Well let's continue if we want to make it to the Blood Forest by night fall. If we can break into the castle tonight get your friends and the White Queen out, maybe we can do so without getting our heads cut off." Chesie said and there soon off. It was another handful of hours before Alice noticed the change in scenery. Everything was turning red and gooey, the looking dead, and dripping with red slime.

"Chesie what is this place?" Asked Alice.

"The Blood Forest can't you tell." Chesie said sarcastically. "It's the blood of the all the Red Queens victims, the first Red Queen wanted to set an example so she incorporated it into the land." They walked a few miles until they came upon the Red Castle. It was red brick and in the centre of the castle was a red rose window pane. Alice thought it was gorgeous in an ironic way, beautiful yet deadly. Card guards were everywhere, posted at all the entrances.

"Ok Alice listen to me. The Queen most likely knows you coming to save your friends, so this will either be an easy get in or a hard get in. I'll go up to the gate and unlock it then distract the card guards. You stay here until it's clear to go. And one more thing do not ever lose that sword." Chesie turned but not before Alice could put her hand on his back.

"Thank you Chesie, thank you so much." Alice said almost about to cry. She had come along why from the London girl she was. If she got of this alive would go back with a love for adventure not marriage.

"Alice I met you when you were a little girl. You don't remember coming down here because the White Queen erased your memory. But I remember and you had the spirit that could light up a room. Use that spirit and bring back Wonderland." Chesie disappeared and left their hiding place. Alice crouched down behind the bushes and waited for the moment she would run for her life. She saw the lock on the gate open and then Chesie appeared in front of the two red 3 and 4 card guards. He made a run for it and the card guards chased after him. Alice had to move fast if she was to make it to the gate before more card guards were came looking. She ran up to the gate and looked back. She could go back and figure out a safer way to get her friends back. Bring an army of chess guards. But she knew she couldn't go back now that she was so close. She needed to do this now or might just lose her chance. Alice went through the gate sword in hand ready to save her friends and fight the Red Queen and bring back Wonderland!