Chapter 2 ~ Life now

A few minutes later we arrive at the training complex, Pedri and Gavi are already waiting there for us. We get out of the car and our eyes meet, a smile appears on his face. I run to him and jump into his arms. I am so lucky to have him in my life, ''Have you missed me already?'' He whispers in my ear. I pull my face a little away from him and look at him with a big smile. I nod and give him a kiss, ''Guys I don't want to disturb your moment, but we are going to be so late.'' Gavi says. Oh yes training of course, I jump out of Pedri's arms and we walk to the changing rooms.

==========================================================================

POV Pedri:

I just finished training, but we have to be quick because we have to pick up the kids. Gavi and I get in the car and drive to the school, what is nice is that the kids are going to the same school. But next year not anymore so that will be something, it's still strange to realize that we have become parents. Also with the wife of my dreams, I thought that football would become the most important thing in my life. But not anymore, my family comes first and I am so happy that I have my 2 little monkeys. They have become the light in my life, I really couldn't live without them. Their future is getting brighter every day, Léon and the twins are already playing at La Masia. But our Aleycia can also play football really well, she just has to wait 2 more years before she can also go to La Masia.

Well we have arrived at the school and we are just in time, because all the children are running onto the playground. Gavi and I get out of the car and walk over there, not much later I see 4 little figures running towards us. ''PAPÁ!'' Gavi and I hug them tightly, ''and was it fun at school?'' Gavi asks, they luckily all nod yes. We walk back to the car, we get in and drive towards home. Tonight they have to go to their grandparents, because we have a match that we have to play. The girls are coming along to watch and it's not really nice to look after 4 children in a full stadium.

We arrive at home, I park the car and we say goodbye to Gavi and the twins. I pick up my princess and we walk into the house. ''Léo, go wash your hands then you can play until I call you for dinner.'' He nods and runs away like a bullet, now this princess. We walk to the bathroom so I can help her wash her hands, I get some more comfortable clothes for her and then I let her play with Léon. I quickly tidy up their school bags and then I start cooking, believe it or not. But I just learned to cook, that erm is really necessary when you are a father. I still can't believe it and realize that my life has changed so much...

After cooking a while the food is ready and I call the kids to the table, ''Léo, lyci are you coming? We are going to eat! And we will go to grandpa after dinner.'' The children come running and sit at the table, the nice thing is that they are already quite independent. If it doesn't work out, Léo will always help his little sister, they are best friends. I give them both a plate with food and also serve for myself a little and start eating.

After everyone has finished their food, the doorbell starts ringing, I walk over and open the door. It's Gavi with the twins, ''And are you ready?'' I nod, ''go to the car with the twins. I'll go grab all my stuff.'' ''ayay captain.'' First I help the children put on their coats and then I grab my bag. I lock the door and put the bags in the trunk, the children are already fastened and I sit in the driver's seat. I start the car and we drive to Lionel, it's always a cozy atmosphere in the car with the kids. They always enjoy going to Lionel, even Gavi's children. Even though they are not really family, it feels like that to them. Well actually when I think about it, they're my parents in law and Gavi is married with my sister. So yeah I don't know, I'm not good with this stuff.

But not much later we arrive at the big villa, the gate opens immediately. I drive inside and Lionel and Antonela are already waiting for us with a smile. ''GRANDPA, GRANDMA'' the kids scream, we start laughing. Gavi and I get out and open the car doors for the kids, we give them hug. ''Be good with Grandpa and Grandma!'' I say, they nod and run into the house. I say goodbye to Lionel and Antonela and then we drive away again, who would have thought that we would ever become family with the Lionel Messi.

Gavi and I drive back to the stadium as quickly as possible, because we are a little bit late. When we get there, we get out and walk as quickly as possible to the changing rooms where everyone is already sitting. We change and go straight to the field to warm up, I look into the stands and see my beautiful love sitting there with my sister. She sees me too and we wave to each other, but I quickly turn around again because I have to warm up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a good match, we won. Compared to the old team, this team has become much better. Many players are gone, which means there are also many new players. Like the son of Luis Suarez and the son of Messi (Thiago) it is actually quite strange to realize that it is actually my brother-in-law. But the midfield has remained somewhat the same with me, Gavi and Frenkie. This is Frenkie's last season here after more than 10 years, so it's going to be painful. But that's life, people come and go.

But not my wife, she is and will always be mine. No, just kidding, we are now on our way in the car to pick up the children. Gavi and Auri are driving behind us, we arrive at the mega villa again. The gate opens and we park the cars, we walk into the villa and it's very quiet. The only thing you hear is the television, we walk to the living room. There they are, all 4 completely exhausted, sleeping on the couch. Lionel and Antonela look up and see us standing there, they walk over to us and give us all a hug. ''Well, they really had a good time here. They just fell asleep, so I think it's time to go home.'' ''Thank you for babysitting Mom.'' says Yana, ''With pleasure, they are always so happy. I or well we enjoy it very much. But take them home before they wake up.'' We pick up the kids and take them to the car, we say goodbye and drive home.