Chapter 3 ~ nightmare

There they are, all 4 completely exhausted, sleeping on the couch. Lionel and Antonela look up and see us standing there, they walk over to us and give us all a hug. ''Well, they really had a good time here. They just fell asleep, so I think it's time to go home.'' ''Thank you for babysitting Mom.'' says Yana, ''With pleasure, they are always so happy. I or well we enjoy it very much. But take them home before they wake up.'' We pick up the kids and take them to the car, we say goodbye and drive home.

=========================================================================

POV Yoana:

We just got home, the kids are still asleep. I think they really played a lot today. We park the car and carry the kids inside one by one. We put the kids to bed, luckily they had already put on their pajamas. ''Oh we're still missing a bag, I'll get it.'' I say, Pedri nods and I walk outside. I open the trunk of the car and take the bag out. I close the trunk again and start walking towards the door again. But suddenly I hear someone whisper my name, I turn and look around. But there's nothing to see, it's completely dark. I was just about to continue walking until I hear that whisper again. I look around, but again I don't see anything.

''Hello? Is anyone there?'' Suddenly there's a whistle coming from the bushes, I focus my gaze on the bushes and see a pair of blue eyes looking at me. My eyes widen and my heart races like a beast. I'm starting to panic. My legs are nailed to the ground, but suddenly I feel strong arms around my hips. My heart skips a beat, ''Amor what's wrong? Are you okay?'' Pedri asks. I let out a deep sigh and start to calm down a bit. There's nothing wrong, Pedri is here.. Pedri is here.. I turn around and meet his beautiful brown eyes that are now filled with concern, I can look at his eyes for hours. After 7 years and I'm still not bored of it. ''Amor?'' ''Oh, eh yes I'm okay. I just thought I saw something.'' ''Oh okay, come on then let's go inside. Otherwise you'll get sick.'' I look back at the bushes again, but I can't see anything anymore. I shake my thoughts away and follow Pedri inside.

We turn off all the lights, lock the doors and go to the bedroom. ''I'm going to get ready for bed.'' I walk to the bathroom. My heart is still racing. I lean against the sink, ''It was nothing, I'm just hallucinating. Maybe it was just a cat. It can't be otherwise.'' I whisper to myself, but that whisper.. shivers start crawling up my spine again and sweat runs down my forehead. What would have happened if Pedri didn't come outside to check on me.. Okay I really have to stop, this isn't going to make it better. I throw some water over my face and start brushing my teeth. When I'm done I walk back to the bedroom, where I see Pedri lying in bed without a shirt and pants. After 7 years and I still can't get enough of my view, his abs, his body.. Just everything about him, and I have to realize that he's my husband.. ''Enjoying your view?'' He asks, I nod ''Yes I am enjoying it very much.'' I say with a smile on my face, I jump on the bed. I put the covers over me. I wish Pedri a good night and close my eyes.

Not much later I open my eyes because of a strange sound. Suddenly I hear people screaming, I sit up and notice that Pedri is not lying next to me. I get out of bed, grab my phone and walk towards the stairs, a strange feeling takes over me. It's dark, there is almost nothing to see. I look for the stair railing, so that I don't fall. I grab the railing and set my foot on the first step, but it feels wet and warm. I turn on the flashlight on my phone and shine it on the stairs. My soul just left my body, shivers run through my body. There is blood on the stairs. The whole stairs is completely covered with blood, a nauseous feeling comes over me.

I have to go downstairs, something is going on. All kinds of thoughts are running through my head, I decide not to look down as I walk down the dirty stair. When I finally get downstairs I immediately see a whole trail of blood leading to the living room. I swallow and follow the trail, but my heart stops when I see a figure. ''Who are you?!'' I say, the figure turns around and the eyes I saw in the bushes meet mine. I look at his hand, he has a knife. With fresh blood on it, my heart starts beating faster and faster. My legs start shaking violently, I look next to the figure. No, this can't be true, no, no, no. Body's are lying on the ground, they're not just body's. It's Pedri and my children.. They're lying lifeless on the ground, surrounded by blood.. ''Now it's your turn.'' I try to run away but he already has me, I feel his cold thin hands touching my skin. This isn't happening, it can't be.. The person holds the knife against my bare neck and I start to scream my lungs out.

I open my eyes wide and sit up, sweat runs down my forehead. And my hands are completely full of sweat, Pedri wakes up startled and looks at me worriedly. ''Amor, are you okay?'' ''J-ju-s-t a nightmare.'' ''Come here.'' He opens his arms and I crawl into them. The warmth and strength of his arms make me immediately feel safe again. I'm so lucky to have him.. I fall back asleep slowly, but the thoughts won't go away. What if it's really going to happen? What if I'm going to lose everyone? What if this is going to be the end of my life...