Bonus Chapter - Tam Gives Away Sir Erebus

Tam and Keefe had light-leapt to a crowded space. They both glanced around and saw a lot of parents and kids, some couples and some groups of teenagers around.

"What is this place?" Tam asked, looking around before looking at Keefe.
Keefe looked at Tam and he shrugged before he overheard someone speak.
"Erm, an amusent park? Whatever that is?" Keefe said, glancing about.

Keefe looked over and he saw a group of girls looking over their way.
"Whatever you do, don't speak to anyone." Keefe said, looking at Tam.
"You only know the Enlightened language."
"And you know whatever language these people speak-?" Tam began, holding Sir Erebus closer to his chest.

"You two boys are cute~!"
Keefe and Tam both flinched as they looked over and the group of girls came over to them. Keefe stood closer to Tam and Tam looked at Keefe, unsure what the girl said.
"Erm, sorry. We're not interested in talking to you." Keefe said, managing to speak the English language perfectly fine.
Tam blinked as he looked at Keefe. It seemed like he did know how to speak this foreign language.

"Really? You're not interested in any one of us?" Another girl asked, tilting her head.
Keefe felt a fiery feeling in his chest and he wrapped his arm around Tam's waist, pulling him close. Tam let out a yelp, surprised by this action and Keefe slightly glared at these girls.

"Not interested in girls." Keefe stated.
The group of girls glanced between Keefe and Tam, whose cheeks seemed to be quite red.
"... Mmh, sorry for bothering you."
And like that, the group of girls walked off.

Keefe looked at Tam.
"Sorry, it's just... they were wondering if we were interested in them." Keefe said.
"Mmh, yeah, pull me in by the waist to tell them that we aren't interested in them instead of simply saying so." Tam raised an eyebrow at Keefe.
Keefe took his hand away from Tam's waist.

"Woah! That plush is so cool, mister!!"
Tam jumped as he looked down to see a young girl running over to him.
She played with the tail of the eckodon plush in Tam's hands and Tam blinked at the girl.

The girl looked up at Tam and frowned as he didn't say anything.
"Is he broken?" The young girl asked, looking at Keefe.
Keefe smiled.
"He doesn't... he can't speak English." Keefe said.
"And he doesn't understand it either."
The child tilted her head and she looked at Tam again.

Tam looked to Keefe.
"W-what is she saying?" Tam whispered.
"She thinks that Sir Erebus is cool." Keefe whispered back at Tam.
Tam blinked again and he looked at the young girl who continued to fiddle with Sir Erebus' tail.

Tam crouched down in front of the girl and he handed the eckodon plush towards her. The girl blinked and she titled her head. She looked at Keefe.
"D-does he want me to have it?" She asked.
Keefe looked at Tam.
"You wanna give it to her?" Keefe asked.
Tam glanced at Keefe and nodded.
Keefe looked at the young girl and he managed a smile.

"He wants you to have it." Keefe said.
"Really?!" The kid exclaimed.
Keefe nodded and the young girl looked at Tam. She gently took the plush away from Tam and Tam was about to get up but the girl went up and hugged him.
"Thank you! Thank you so much Sir!!"
Tam was a little surprised and he gently patted the young girl's back.

She backed away and she smiled at the Eckodon plush. Tam got back up properly.
"What sort of animal is it?" She looked at Keefe.
"... We'd call it an eckodon." Keefe smiled at the girl.
"It's... from where we come from."
"And where do you come from-?" She began.

"There you are!"
Tam and Keefe looked to see an adult male come over.
"Don't wander off like that again!"
"Hehe, sorry! But look! That kind man gave me this plush! It's an eckodon!" The young girl held the eckodon plush up to her father.
The man looked at Keefe and Tam.

"You two are very kind, a-are you sure it's okay? I'm sorry if she bothered you-" The male began.
"It's okay." Keefe smiled.
"It... just seems like we don't need the plush anymore."
The male smiled, "Thank you, we'll let you be. C'mon sweetheart."

The male gently took his daughter's hand and she held the eckodon plush in her free hand as she and her father walked off.

Keefe looked at Tam.
"... You gave Sir Erebus up really quickly..." Keefe mumbled.
Tam looked at Keefe.
"... As much as I loved Sir Erebus with my whole heart, Keefe, we don't have room for him... and we don't even have a proper place to stay in. Plus... that kid seemed like she should have him." Tam explained.

Tam went up to Keefe and placed a kiss on his cheek.
"Thank you for Sir Erebus, but he's going to a better place now." Tam said softly.
Keefe's cheeks turned red as he looked at Tam.
"... It sounds like he's died-" Keefe began.
Tam rolled his eyes and elbowed Keefe in his side, causing Keefe to yelp and let out a pained laugh.

Tam smiled at Keefe but he then looked around, Keefe could feel how uncomfortable he felt.
"Can we get out of here? It's too noisy and I don't understand anyone." Tam asked.
"C'mon, let's go to a more private spot to light-leap outta here." Keefe said softly, taking Tam's hand into his.
Tam interlocked their fingers as he and Keefe began to walk off, finding a more secluded and quiet spot to light-leap elsewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 962