Chapter 53

_ . _

Chapter 53

As Olympus teetered on the brink of destruction, Bithia and Tacia, who had assumed the throne of Athens in place of Erichthonius, called upon Ishtal to return to Athens. They ordered her to protect the kingdom while the two veteran warriors ascended back to Mount Olympus.

Throughout Greece and Rome, people had already heard the prophecy from the temple of Goddess Phoebe, the Goddess of Gifts and Prophecy. Anxiety gripped them, as their survival depended on the gods, the divine beings who had shaped the world according to Gaia's desires.

Samael had briefed Bithia and Tacia on their mission, warning them to keep it secret to avoid jeopardizing their plans. Despite their urge to inform Athena, they endured weeks of silence. When the time came, they were ready, following Samael's instructions with determination.

"I'm impressed by Lord Samael's intellect," Tacia remarked as she walked alongside Bithia.

Bithia smiled, replying, "Likewise."

As they traversed the verdant forest path, Bithia mused, "It's not as though Lord Samael has lived nine lives, yet he navigates Olympus with ease and knows which gods can aid us."

Tacia considered this. "Could his mother, Medusa, have taught him? As a wandering priestess, she must have known Olympus well."

"We can't be certain," Bithia responded. "Our duty now is to stop the curse."

"Agreed," Tacia said.

Soon, they discovered a secluded temple hidden within the lush forest. The small yet elegant abode was constructed from the finest marble, adorned with blooming wildflowers, and centered around a small fountain at its entrance.

Bithia and Tacia exchanged a glance before approaching the temple door. Bithia knocked twice. After a brief silence, the door slowly opened, welcoming them inside.

The temples on Olympus were always adorned with elaborate decorations and interior designs reflecting the gods' traits and positions. Yet before them lay a space reminiscent of a cozy home on a winter's day. Everything exuded warmth and serenity, evoking a deep sense of comfort and familiarity.

Bithia and Tacia subconsciously heaved a sigh of relief as they stepped inside. Not far ahead, they saw the back of a woman engrossed in a book. Her long and curly hair was the vibrant hue of a blooming rose in a palace garden. As she lifted her head slightly and turned, her eyes, as red as rose petals, came into view.

Bithia and Tacia gracefully kneeled before the woman, speaking with reverence as they closed their eyes in respect. "We are honored to be in your presence, Goddess Hestia."

Hestia, The Virgin Goddess of the Hearth and the Home

Hestia is the oldest goddess of Olympus, the firstborn child of Cronus and Rhea, the Titans who fortified the sacred realm. Her parents bestowed upon her the gift of everlasting fire, a flame so warm it shelters humans in their times of despair, embodying the warmth of home.