7: The Power of Fear

After learning about Y/n's involvement with Carol and the Green Lantern at the Ferris Aircraft celebration/disaster, Hector goes back to his computer to figure out how much his molecules have been corrupted by the power of fear. At this point, his whole system was corrupted by it, and it was just getting worse with each passing day. He hears a knock at the door and checks it, only be met by Amanda Waller.

Waller: Dr. Hammond? [Walks over to him; inspects his head] There is something I'd like to show you. Something I'm fairly certain you'll want to see.

She touches his shoulder to try and get his attention, but he grabs onto her hand and looks through her memories. Apparently she lost her husband and children, and once he was finished looking through them, he slowly turned to her.

Hector: Physical contact accesses mnemonic data. I can see your memories.

He chuckles after looking through Waller's memories and is brought to the lab, where he is met by Senator Hammond. He looked at his son's appearance, understanding what's been going on with him in the past few weeks.

Hector: [Slowly walks over to him] Dad.

Sen. Hammond: Son, this is my fault. But I'm gonna fix it. We're gonna get you well again. Whatever it takes.

Hector: [Shakes head; confused] I don't know what you're talking about.

Waller: We detected traces of a second alien life form... buried within the body of the first. You've been exposed.

Hector: [Inhaling and exhaling] I've never felt better in my life.

Sen. Hammond: We know everything, son.

Hector: [Grabs onto his father's head; repeats himself seriously] I've never felt better in my life.

After latching onto Senator Hammond, Hector was injected with a needle, which calms him down and takes him down to the floor, while being assisted by the DEO agents. Meanwhile, Y/n is currently leaning on the hood of his car at the very spot he found the body of Abin Sur, spinning the ring around his hand.

Tomar-Re: To be chosen to join its ranks is the highest of honors... and the greatest of responsibilities. The ring never makes a mistake.

Perhaps Tomar-Re was right about the ring never making a mistake. Maybe Y/n was chosen for a reason and Sinestro had the wrong idea about him insulting the name of Abin Sur by wearing his ring. The ring began beeping, indicating trouble was in the air, and Y/n's eyes changed. He was ready to take this Lantern Corps business, even if he was in over his head about all this, he couldn't just let the power of fear hurt the ones he loved. Hector was brought over to the gurney, looking around his surroundings to see what was going on. After being dropped to the floor by a needle, the DEO agents brought him to the spot he finds himself in and the operation was ready to commence.

Sen. Hammond: [Hector tries breaking free] It's gonna be all right. They just need to run some tests, that's all.

Hector's eyes change color as he looked at his father, not wanting to lose his new found abilities.

Waller: Keep him under.

Sen. Hammond: I only want what's best for you.

Hector looks over to the guy preparing the needle, uses the power of fear to shoot the needle into his skull and breaks free.

Hector: [Smirks] Run.

Senator Hammond and Amanda Waller run away from Hector, but they were tripped by some kind of canister. They don't falter, however, as they start running again, but Hector blows Waller up to the wall of glass. After that, he turned his attention to his father and pulls him back, bringing him over to the gurney. DEO agents charge in, but get grabbed by the pincers and knocked out, courtesy of Hector himself. More agents appear and prepare to shock Hector with taser guns, but he uses his powers to shock them.