Its over - Athena Grant

Y/n Grant - 21

Y/N sat at the kitchen table, staring at her phone. Her heart pounded in her chest as she tried to summon the courage to do what she knew needed to be done. Her relationship with Jake had been tumultuous for a while, and she could no longer ignore the signs. It was time to end things.

She glanced around the house, making sure she was alone. Athena was on duty, and Bobby was at the fire station with the 118. Her older sister, May, was working her shift as a 9-1-1 operator. This was the perfect time. She took a deep breath and dialed Jake's number.

"Hey, Y/N," Jake answered, his voice bright and unsuspecting.

"Hi, Jake," Y/N replied, trying to keep her voice steady. "We need to talk."

There was a pause on the other end. "What's up?"

"I... I don't think this is working out," she said, her voice trembling. "I think we should break up."

There was a heavy silence. Then, Jake's voice turned cold. "What do you mean, break up?"

Y/N's stomach twisted. "I just don't think we're good for each other anymore. I'm sorry, but this is the best decision for both of us."

"No, it's not!" Jake shouted, his voice rising. "You're not leaving me! We're not done!"

Fear spiked through Y/N as she heard him hang up abruptly. Moments later, the front door burst open, and Jake stormed into the house. His face was twisted with rage, and his eyes blazed with anger.

"What the hell, Y/N?" he yelled, throwing his keys across the room. "You think you can just dump me like that?"

Y/N's heart raced as she backed away from him. "Jake, please calm down. This isn't healthy for either of us."

But Jake wasn't listening. He started grabbing things off the counter and hurling them across the room. A glass cup shattered against the wall, sending shards flying. One of them embedded itself in Y/N's foot, causing her to cry out in pain.

"You're not going anywhere!" Jake shouted, advancing towards her.

Terrified, Y/N turned and ran upstairs to Athena and Bobby's room. She slammed the door shut and locked it, her breath coming in panicked gasps. She could hear Jake pounding on the door, his threats muffled but still terrifying.

She ran to the bathroom and locked herself in. Her hands trembled as she dialed 9-1-1, praying someone would answer quickly. The call connected, and to her relief, she heard her sister's voice.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?" May's calm, professional tone came through the phone.

"May, it's Y/N," she whispered, her voice shaking. "Jake... he's here. He's angry. He's trying to get to me."

"Y/N, stay calm," May said, her voice immediately filled with concern. "Where are you?"

"I'm in Mom and Bobby's bathroom. I locked the door, but he's trying to break in," Y/N said, tears streaming down her face.

"Okay, listen to me. I'm sending help right now. Stay on the line with me, okay?" May said. "I'll notify Mom and the 118."

Y/N could hear May relaying the information, her voice steady and reassuring. "Athena, it's Y/N. She's in trouble. Jake is at the house, and he's trying to get to her. She's in your bathroom."

Athena's voice was filled with urgency. "I'm on my way. Tell her to stay put."

Y/N clung to the phone, trying to focus on May's soothing words. "You're going to be okay, Y/N. Just stay where you are. Help is coming."

Minutes felt like hours as Y/N waited, the sound of Jake's furious pounding on the door echoing through the house. Suddenly, she heard the blaring of sirens outside. Relief flooded through her as she heard Athena's authoritative voice commanding Jake to back away from the door.

There was a scuffle, followed by silence. Then, Athena's voice came through the door. "Y/N, it's Mom. It's safe now. I'm coming in."

Y/N unlocked the bathroom door and rushed into Athena's arms, clinging to her tightly. "Mom, he was so angry. I didn't know what to do."

Athena held her daughter close, her heart breaking at the fear in Y/N's voice. "It's okay, baby. You're safe now. Let's get you out of here."

As they made their way downstairs, Bobby rushed in, his face filled with worry. "Y/N, are you okay?"

Y/N nodded, but then winced as she put weight on her injured foot. "I stepped on some glass."

Bobby scooped her up in his arms, carrying her outside where the rest of the 118 was waiting. "It's okay, sweetheart. We'll get you taken care of."

Auntie Hen quickly set up a makeshift first aid station. "Let's take a look at that foot," she said gently, carefully removing the shards of glass and bandaging the wound.

As Hen worked, the rest of the team surrounded Y/N, their presence comforting and reassuring. Eddie, Buck and Chimney had to control their anger as they seen how vulnerable y/n was. Y/N's heart swelled with gratitude for her extended family. They were always there when she needed them most.

Once Hen was done, Bobby wrapped his arms around Y/N, holding her close. "You're safe now. He's not going to hurt you anymore."

Y/N buried her face in Bobby's shoulder, tears of relief streaming down her face. "Thank you, Daddy."

Bobby's heart ached at the sound of her calling him Daddy. He held her tighter, knowing that they would get through this together, as a family. The support and love of the 118, combined with Athena's unwavering strength, made Y/N feel safer than she had in a long time.

As the evening wore on and the adrenaline began to fade, the family gathered inside. Athena and Bobby sat with Y/N, holding her close and reassuring her that everything would be okay.

"We're here for you, Y/N," Athena said softly. "You're not alone. We'll get through this together."

Y/N nodded, feeling a sense of peace wash over her. She knew that with her family by her side, she could face anything. And as she looked around at the faces of those who loved her, she realized that she was truly home.