chapter 8 | Converse, California and Goodbyes

--------------------
[ Sienna's pov ]

i yawned as i got up. "ugh monday." I whisper to myself. i had slept on a mattress on the floor in sheldons room. I got up and looked outside. I do this every morning. it was cloudy, but sunny at the same time. Sheldon was no where to be seen in the room. "Whats this?" I say to myself

Its a box. and its just sitting at the end of my bed. Before i open it i suddenly remember my mother gets back from California later tonight. no. no. I cant. I cant leave my best friend or my, ...Well my other friend.

I grab the box and open it with no hesitation. its a pair of converse shoes. the same dark red ones i have just these ones are brand new. I didnt tell anybody that i needed new ones? I grab them and look at them. A perfect size 7. Theres writing on the tongue of the shoe?

"from sheldon." it reads. Sheldon? He got me new shoes? How did he know? Its written in permanent marker. I must have said something when i was drunk. Which means i said more. I cant lie to myself anymore i do really like him. I have to tell him today otherwise i might never see him again.

I put the new shoes on and grab my pj pants and hoodie and throw it on. Its monday im not even going to bother to do my hair. Tonight marks the third day i stay with the coopers. I dont want to leave.

I walk into the kitchen. "Morning Missy!" I sat beside her.

"Morning. Im so tired." She said. "Who even decided to create mondays?"

"I feel you." While i stole a bite of her bagel.

Sheldon normally leaves for college before me and Missy wake up. Usually his Meemaw drives him. Ive only met her once but shes really cool.
Sheldons probably at his college harrassing his professors like always. Its a normal day other then the fact its the last. For me atleast. Im dreading California.

We grabbed our backpacks and ran out the door. Everything is funny when im with Missy. We laughed the whole bus ride to school. But we dont have any classes together which sucks. By now its mid-April.

[ after school ]

Me and Missy hopped off the bus and walked home. "So! Whats going with you and Sheldon?" Missy asks while walking towards her house.

"Nothing!" I said. But really its not nothing.

"I know i didnt mention this at school but im scared. What happens if todays the last day i ever see you?" Said Missy. She pretty much had tears in her eyes.

All i could do is stop and hug her. "Im sorry Miss." I said " id honestly do anything to stay."

"I love you Sienna! Your my bestfriend ever!" Missy replied.

"Love you too Missy" i hugged her tight.

  "Maybe if you stayed with me and my family longer you wont have to go to california!" Missy said.

  "I wish, my mom would never let me." I replied.

We walked through the front door. Im trying to get my mind off of the fact that might be the last time i do. "MTV is on, do you wanna watch it with me?" Missy says trying to smile.

"Of course!" I say as i sit down right beside her.
Everything is going so well. I swear if i have to move to California im actually going to kill myself (not actually.) ive never fallen so hard for a boy. Actually, ive never fallen for a boy. Hes so perfect i wish i had the courage to tell him. And ive always wanted a bestfriend.

Time goes by quick watching MTV. Sheldon walked through the front door with Meemaw. "Hey kids!" She says it like its the best part of her day.

"Hey memaw!" Says Missy.