chapter 14 | A Call, Cigarette and Sneaking Out

--------------------
                              [ Sienna's pov ]

  My eyes flutter open as i look around the room. I gaze at the posters on the walls. My head rested on Sheldon with my arms around him. Hes holding my back in close too. Its not like him at all but I really dont mind.

  I slowly lifted my head up so I didnt disturb Sheldon's sleep. I throw a light blanket over him in case he was cold.

  I open Sheldon's drawers and pick out some of my clothes, specifically, a grey long sleeve and white shorts. I quietly open his door so he doesnt wake up.

  "Goodmorning, Honey!" Mrs. Cooper says walking out from the washroom.

  "Goodmorning Mrs. Cooper!" I say walking up to her.

  "Oh please, you've known me long enough, call me Mary." She says.

  "Okay, Mary." I say nodding and walking into the kitchen. "Mornin' Missy!" I say to Missy sitting in the kitchen as i open their fridge.

"Hey Si, your mom called." Missy says with her face in the food.

  "Oh, She did?" I say confused.

  "Yeah! She wanted to check in, you can call her whenevs." Missy says focused on the cereal in front of her.

  "Okay.." i said waling towards the phone. I pick it up and dial in my mom's number. The phone began to ring. I couldnt help but to fidget and twirl the cord.

  "Hey mom!" I say.

  "Hey, Sienna! I miss you so so much!"  My mom says through the phone.

   "I miss you too, love you!" I say into the phone.

   "Your father stopped by earlier this week." She breaks the news to me. I havent seen my own dad since i was eight years old.

  ".... dad?" I question.

  "Yes, sweets." She says. I kept fidgetting with the phone's cord.

  "Oh." It took long enough to get that one word out of my mouth. "Is he.. how is he?"

  "Well he would like to see you, when you come back to California, of course." My mother says. I was so stunned and almost frozen. I wanted to tell my mom about me and Sheldon, but i was so focused on my dad's sudden return.

  "Um. Yeah." I say tapping my fingers on the counter.

  "Hows Texas?" She questions me.

  "Its.." I paused. "Its really good."

  "Well! Tell me all about it." She says.

  "Well.. maybe later, k?" I replied.

  "Okay, love you." My mom says like she felt bad for mentioning my dad.

  "Bye mom." I say putting the phone back.

"Whats 'at about?" Missy says.

"Oh. hm, nothing." I say as I sit beside her.

"Oh you wanna sneak out later tonight?" She whispers to me.

"Oh my god, hell yeah I do." I whispered back.

"What are you two girls up too?" Mr. Cooper says walking into the kitchen and heading to the backdoor.

"Nothing! Go away!" Missy says.

"Okay, okay." Mr. Cooper says walking through the door. Once the door shuts behind him me and Missy burst into laughter.

------------------------