Lesson 4: Making Deals Isn't Bad, Right?

---Few days passed---

"And done!" James announced.

He finally placed the last box into the garage and the boxes are neatly stacked.

The babysitter, Samantha, lays on the couch in the living room. The landline phone is placed on a table elevated above her.

"Like I'm telling you Lisa, He isn't into you and Pamela is spreading rumors..."

...

"Yes, I know girl.."

"Uhmm... greetings, big sister Sam?" James greeted wearing new sets of clothes.

It was still a black shirt with rather loose pants. The rest of his other clothes was at the downstairs laundry, spinning and washing.

"Ugh!" she rolled her eyes. "Like, I gonna have to call you later. Bye!"

Ching~

She placed down the phone back to its placement.

"What is it twerp?!" she asked with a grimace.

James recoiled back alittle. The young woman sat up and crossed her arms. She looked down on the boy with a raised brow.

"I... uhmm... ahem..., I wanted to say thanks for watching over me. Jenny was correct that you are reliable and-"

"Stop..., what are playing at here, huh?" her brows furrowed and eyes narrowed.

"What you mean big sister?" he asked confused.

Samantha had been observing James from a far. She had a grudge againts the boy and the past days, she had been giving him chores one after another.

She couldn't accept that James "changed", not with all the things he'd done to her. Made her life miserable.

She could still recall the time James ruined every boy she'd been with a relationship with. Ending up for them to break up with her due to some lie.

Not just that, all the pranks he pulled, humiliating and painful, is unforgivable.

She had enough.

"And stop calling me big sister, it gross coming from you twerp" she leaned back at the couch.

"Okay then, "miss" Samantha..."

She held up her hand again and is now slightly scowling. She stood up slowly, towering over James.

"I'm not buying what your selling, freak!" she said seriously.

"Because like, I ain't playing. snap!" she snapped her fingers. "Got that?!"

...

James stood quiet for a moment. He looked her up and down. hands in her hips and her darken eyes gazing down on him as if he was a criminal.

Maybe he was?

But to James, he wasnt going to play games either.

"Yes maam, I understand" he bowed slightly. "But I want to ask."

...

"Ask what?" she repeated.

"Are you giving me permission to ask?" he said politely.

Stomp!

She put a foot down and bend down a bit to look at James closer with piercing eyes.

"What did I just say? you Trouble Maker!" she menacingly whispered.

To James' point of view, it was more funny than intimidating. The dramatic way of moving Samantha does, ones he saw in old shows to add  emotion, were entertaining to him.