Lesson 6: First Impressions Do Matter

James sat on his seat after checking for gunk. The bus chair was leather bound and faded. Its original bright brown colour disappearing.

Thumf

He relaxed himself on the seat and passed his time observing the children from behind.

The children were in their own worlds. The girls are gossiping about cute things such as accessories, the boys talk about what they watched in television and comics, and this one kid with a jar of something he doesn't know.

One particular boy was frantically searching the insides of his red bag. His hands plunging deep inside as if exploring a cavern.

"How deep is that bag? Can I do that too?"

James looked at his own bag. Shiny from the egg splatter and sticky to the touch.

"Nah..." he refused to test it.

He then noticed the big kid peeking out of his seat. Looking menacingly at him.

"What?" he gestured with a shrug and head shake.

The big kid used his middle and index finger. He pointed to his eyes and then towards James, mouthing, "Im watching you".

...

"Okay!" James said and simply gave two thumbs up.

"Grrrr..." the big kid growled.

The egg thrower didn't like James' response. James just rolled his eyes at him. His strength starting be sucked out by the hectic Monday morning.

To him, tt was a cute, but silly intimidation tactic. James had seen rocks more intimidating.

"This feels wierd, I usually walk to school." he thought.

The schools in his previous life were at walking distance and he seldom take rides on a vehicle. Only taking a ride when it was necessary.

"Psst! Tap tap"

James looked over to his right and sees a kid with nasal fluid going down from his nose hole

"Eww..." James leaned back.

"Boy you-" he stopped himself "I mean... bro, wipe your nose."

The boy covered his nose with his fore arm and looked away.

"Oh s-sorry..." the boy apologize.

He took out a clean cloth and placed it over his nose.

"Haa..."

*HONK!!*

"Really??" James asked the sound effects.

It was fun the first times, but now its starting to become annoying.

"Uh... sniff, so... uhh. You don't remember me?" the kid asked.

"Uhm... no, should I?"

"Its me! Boogers! Your best friend..."

The Williams boy raised an eye brow to the fact that the former James, the Trouble Maker, had a friend.

"Stop! one..." James raised a finger "Thats a poor construct of a nickname."

"Two..." raised another finger. "I lost my memories bro, so I can't recall you or any of the kids in here."

"You talk weird now..." the boy pointed out.

"Yes, but lets not start with that. I already had an earful from my sister."

"Okay!" the kid said with a tune.