[EIGHT] AZRIEL

"So she just left you there, cock out and everything?" Cassian asked, swiping his hand for Azriels' left side, which he swiftly blocked and countered with a jab of his own.

He let out an exhausted sigh and rolled his eyes. "Yes after I expressed my feelings for her."

"And told her you love her." Cassian added.

"I thought females love being told that."

"Not by people they just met." Nesta muttered from where she read on the floor. She had been stretching, but complained about us taking too long and the house had given her a book. Usually she would be out here training with the other Valkyrie members, but seeing as they were busy today, she had to wait for Cassian and Azriel to be finished.

"This is an A and B conversation." Azriel scowled at her.

"Maybe don't have it in public spaces. And in case you forget, this is my House." She gave him a wicked smile, barely looking up from her book to do so.

Azriel stalked towards her, "I've been training in this ring since before you were born." Nesta merely flipped him off.

Cassian held a hand to Azriels chest, barely using any strength to hold him back. "Alright let's calm this pissing contest before someone gets wet."

"I thought you liked it when I was wet." Nesta cooed as she stood up. Azriel suppressed a groan and the look Cassian gave her. "Lighten up Azriel. Just give her some space and time. You don't know what she went through before getting here. And yeah. It is a little weird to hear 'I love you' from someone you just met. She probably thinks you said it because you got your dick wet."

"I love when you talk dirty." Cassian's voice deepened and Azriel really didn't want to be here to see what happens next.

He made his way back into the House, begging for the house to tell him what room Alyssa was in. It stayed silent. "Picking favorites I see." He muttered. The House would be no help, so he sent out his shadows. It poked through the doors until it found the scent and presence of the female.

Of course, she was in Feyre's room.

Azriel walked slowly the whole way there, playing out how he wanted the conversation to go. He imagined it with different starters and each one they made up. He thought he was being a little delusional. Alyssa was more stubborn than that. She wouldn't accept an apology and everything would be right and rainbows again.

He got to the door, but she called out before he could knock. "So, you're stalking me now?" The wood did not muffle her voice and he heard the annoyance clearly.

"Alyssa, I'm sorry. I just want to talk."

"I think you've talked enough."

"Look, I should have never told you I loved you."

"So you don't love me?" She challenged him. Azriel sighed through his nose. Somehow he knew that she was difficult on purpose.

"Please, can I just come in?" Maybe she was waiting to hear him beg because the door opened and he found her sitting on the couch, her bare feet pulled up to her chest, her chin resting on her knees. She was looking out at the noon sun, sadness etched on her face, even if she was looking at the prettiest city known to the Fae.

He lingered by the door, suddenly feeling awkward. All the practice and now he didn't know what to say. After another beat of silence, Alyssa broke it by breathing in deep. "I have the best track record when it comes to love." He took that as a sign to step closer, sitting across from her. But he didn't get comfortable like she did. He kept his knees apart, elbows resting on them, his hands in between them. She turned her head to him and there were light tears falling down her cheeks. She sniffled and wiped at them. "The first and last guy I was with told me he loved me, until I let him screw me and then he was gone to the next female."