Day 6 - Worky time cancelled!: 8/8

It takes 93 a moment to grow a secondary reflective membrane to shield her eyes from the sunlight, after having spent such a long time in a dark room, as she's strolling along the pier, followed by the group of drones that's missing only Smiley.

"Whoah, that took a lot more time than I expected," she shakes her head and, as if she'd completely forgotten the drones until now, turns around to face them, "65536, you're still here?"

The guard drone shrugs.

"I had a lot of fun, I told Miss Gem and Mister Blueblood where to find me if they needed anything, and they clearly didn't, so why not? Any ideas on what to do next?"

"First things first, I think you all deserve a point for improving our relations with the Crystal Empire-"

[10013:1, 20100:5, 36658:4, 99111:3, 99380:6, 99526:3, Smiley: 6,

65536:2]

"-and as for what to do next..." 93 pauses, checking the hive mind, "The resort schedule offers several activities," suddenly, she smirks in an unsettlingly sadistic fashion which gives all veteran drones flashbacks to the old days, "and I think I've figured out exactly which one to go for. We've spent all this time indoors, so it's time for a change of scenery. Let's go for a sea diving expedition!"

"Is that, umm, like swimming?" 10013 gulps.

"Ohhhhh yes," 93 grins.

***

A small section of railing of the resort boat is beset by drones nervously staring down into the blue, gradually darkening depths. 93 is attempting to figure out how to put a diving suit on 10013 doing its best to avoid shaking. Gem is there, the tight bodysuit earning her eager stares from other attendees, working with the only willing and even excited drone which is expectedly 65536.

"-and once we jump down I'm gonna catch all the shinies!"

"Those are just reflections, 65536," explains Gem calmly.

"I know, but they still wiggle and dance around on the water, and it's so good that they're not fake bitey shinies like back in the hive- or are they?" 65536 finally stops staring into the water and looks up at Gem.

"No anglerfish or anything similar," the zebra shakes her head and raises her voice a little so that even the hive drones hear, "Besides, we'll be protected both by this," she tugs on her bodysuit, "as well as magic. Plus, as far as I heard, the large-scale protection spells of the resort reach even here and all the way to the sea floor. We're not too far and we won't be swimming too deep," she nods towards the shoreline within comfortable swimming distance, "There will be other harmless fish, though."

"Okay!" 65536 nods and Gem trots off towards the griffon tour guide giving out pairs of flippers to fit over hind legs.

It takes another fifteen minutes to get the hive drones suited up, and the twenty present guests are queued up with the guide standing by the gap in the railings.

"The magical goggles will cast a self-refreshing air bubble around your head as soon as you go underwater. For our pony guests, it'll take some adjusting to only have flippers on your hind legs, but I don't doubt you'll want to touch the ancient temple, because I know how rare an opportunity like that is when most museums keep you as far away as possible."

"No digging!" 93 mentally warns all drones, receiving a nervous chorus of agreements.

"I think we're ready, the water is warm, and the sun is still high up. Let's go in, one by one," she pats the first guest on the back, and they jump into the water in response. A moment later, their head is bobbing on the water, floating a bit further away to avoid blocking the way for anyone else.