Chapter Four: He never leaves me alone.

I don't know how long I was outside, but eventually I went back into the tent and headed to my bedroom. I took a deep breath as I walked over to my bed. My thoughts were starting to spiral out of control. Why did Jax try to cheer me up? I was so mean to him for over 24 hours, yet he tried to help me see the bright side of this digital hell.

I shook off my thoughts, deciding that it probably wasn't important. Knowing Jax, he'll go back to being annoying the next time I see him. So maybe tonight was a once-in-a-lifetime thing when it comes to Jax. Or maybe he's taunting me behind the scenes while I try to think that there's a possibility that he's changed or that he isn't just rude.

I sat on my bed and grabbed my journal and pen from my drawer. Since it was getting late and I don't know when morning would arrive, I took some time to write in my journal and to jot down my thoughts.

Day Two.
Today was pretty weird. We played capture the flag, much to Caine's request. And Jax tonight was actually...decent? He showed me outside of the tent and basically told me to enjoy this digital world because in reality it is really pretty. Which is something I never thought Jax would ever say. He tried to cheer me up from thinking about our impending doom. I never thought Jax would have it in him to do that for me. Though, I shouldn't expect much from him, since that was probably a once in a lifetime thing. At least it was nice while it lasted.

After writing all of that, I closed my journal and put everything back into my drawer. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes, mentally preparing myself for what tomorrow might bring.

---

I woke up with a pounding headache, if that was even possible in a fully digital world. I groaned in annoyance, knowing that Caine will probably have another adventure planned for us once we're all up, which is tiring and exhausting already and it's only my third day here. There was a loud knock on the door.

I cursed under my breath as I jumped out of my bed and stumbled a bit before answering the door, and like I expected, Jax was there with his usual smug grin.

"How's my favorite girl doing?" Jax taunted once I left my room.

"Just because you opened up a bit last night doesn't mean we're on perfect terms," I spat. "But I'm fine, I guess."

"Has anybody told you how much of a tsundere you are?"

"Um, what?" I gasped, my cheeks flushing a light pink. "If anybody's a tsundere, it's you."

Jax showed off an amused grin. "Oh really? Like I said, your attempts at insults are cute."

We started walking to the main area, where we knew an adventure will start up once everybody's there.

"Has anybody told you how annoying you are?" I clapped back with a scowl.

"Oh yes, everyday. What's your point?" Jax wondered, his arm brushing up against mine as we walked.

"Well, do you want to be annoying?" I questioned critically. Jax raised an eyebrow at my question but just shrugged.

"Eh, I don't care. If this is my eternity, I might as well have some fun with it."

I pondered his words for a moment before sighing. Maybe he does have a point. Maybe I should let loose, even if it's only for a day. Wait, why am I even listening to this guy? He's not somebody I want to be associated with 24/7 when there's actually NICE people here, like Ragatha.

"Mm...maybe," I hummed. We eventually made it to the main area of the circus tent, and it does appear that we were the last ones to arrive.

"And that's everybody," Ragatha announced. "I wonder what Caine has for an adventure today..."

"Probably something stupid that I'm not going to associate myself with," Zooble huffed, crossing their arms and rolling their eyes.

"I doubt it will be that bad!" Gangle exclaimed, having her happy comedy mask on.

"Yeah...but his adventures are tiring," I sighed with a stifled yawn.

"Agreed," Pomni muttered. Jax simply rolled his eyes.

"Let's hope that there's some...violence this time," He chuckled with a cocky grin. That's when Caine appeared, joyful and happy as ever.

"Hello, my Superstars! Are you ready for your next adventure?" Caine exclaimed.

"No," Zooble huffed. Caine didn't seemed fazed by her lack of enthusiasm, though.

"That's great to hear! The adventure we'll be doing today will be something a lot more easygoing and fun, since you guys deserve some time off for how hard you've been working lately!"

"Wait, do we even do any work?" I spoke out loud with my eyebrows raised. Caine ignored my question, though.

"Today we'll be going to the amusement park next to the tent to have some fun! You can stay there for as long as you want, even pull an all-nighter there if you feel like it! So go on and have some fun!" After that long monologue, Caine disappeared with Bubble.

"Ooh, sounds different," Kinger spoke. Jax looked my way and smirked.

"Wanna hang out with me while we're at the amusement park?"

I sighed, knowing that I don't have it in me to say 'no,' even if I wanted to.

"Fine. Sure," I snapped back, pretty salty. That only made Jax's smile go wider. But with that, everybody started heading outside of the tent and towards the amusement park for some fun. I have to admit, I was a bit excited and I still am...though I am dreading spending an entire day with Jax. Why does he even want to hang out with me in the first place? I'm not the only person at the circus.

"Um...I have a question," I spoke up timidly. Jax looked at me with curiosity.

"What is it?"

"Why do you want to hang out with me of all people here?"

"Because you're the only fun one. Do I need to elaborate? You're the only one who has peaked my interest, dollface. You better get used to it if you're planning on staying here for the rest of eternity. Oh wait, I forgot, you don't even have a choice, do you?"

"The only fun one?" I repeated. "Funny. I can't be the only person you enjoy talking to. What about Zooble? They seem fun."

"Nah, they're just sassy all the time."

"Ragatha?"

"Too wholesome."

"Pomni?"

"Too...skittish."

"Gangle?"

"Too passive."

"Kinger?"

"Oh, come on. That shouldn't even be an option. He's too crazy. He's probably the next to abstract, if I do say so myself."

That left me thinking. Maybe I really am the only one that has peaked Jax's interest...

"Wow. So that just leaves me, then?" I pondered out loud. Jax nodded his head, confirming my theory.

"Yep. Just you, dollface," Jax repeated with a smirk. That's when we made it to the amusement park, with a whole day of fun ahead of us...

~~~

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter while it lasted, since I tried my best, even though I'm dealing with a bit of writer's block right now, I still try to update my stories every now and then. I hope you've been enjoying my book lately just as much as I've enjoyed writing it. If you have any ideas for future chapters, don't be afraid to tell me since I will try to contribute your idea one way or another! Have a wonderful rest of your day! <3

-Sincerely, CB