17 • Keeping him safe

A/N: Hey check it out! Updated cover!

Ok enough from me, enjoy the chapter!

The two demons— mostly Lucifer, felt like shit. They were both keeping their relationship... or whatever it was in the dark and keeping the deal between Lilith and Alastor locked away. If Charlie knew he was practically sent to her by her mother to steer her into a ditch of failure, what would she think? Would she trust him again?

"I have to tell her, Lucifer. It's only right" Alastor sighed, looking out the large window of his radio tower. The king turned around in the big red spinner chair at the desk "About us?" He asked.

"No no, my connection to her own mother. I have to tell her what's really going on" he said, defeated. The recent not-so-heartless demon found himself actually caring what another demon saw him as. He didn't want to be a monster anymore, but he also didn't want to be weak.

Lucifer stood, making his way over to Alastor. He ducked under his arms and comfortably wedged himself in the middle of the window and the demons tall figure. He felt him rest his chin on top of his head.

"Hey, I was wondering if we could hang out somewhere other than the hotel sometime" Lucifer said, using his elbow to nudge the demon behind him. "Are you asking me to go on a date?" Alastor replied. The king smiled "Well, I suppose so. I think it would be fun. Besides it gets so fucking boring hanging round here for too long don't you think?". Alastor hummed in content "I suppose, I wouldn't mind a nice outing together later".

The demon found his eyes trailing up to the sky "What's heaven like?" He asked. The king blinked for a moment, taking a glance up at heavens gateway high up above. "It's-" he sighed "It's quite beautiful. Everyone is happy... everyone gets along, there's smiles everywhere you look".

Alastor closed his eyes as the king spoke, this world he described sounded rather nice. "Sounds like a nice place to be" he said, bringing his arms down to wrap around the kings smaller figure. Lucifer smiled leaning into the touch "It was. Though I've found a lot more for me down here than heaven will ever give. Hell fucking sucks, but it's more of a home to me than heaven ever was even though I'm stuck here. Lilith can just come and go as she pleases. Pathetic".