21 • Eternity (Epilogue)

A/N: As we come to an end I wanna say Thankyou for all the love with this fic! It's been lots of fun reading your reactions! Make sure to keep a lookout for an announcement at the end! <3 xxx

Lucifer and Alastors actions of affection had made it onto every newspaper article, every commercial, milk carton, Bristol board, you name it. Hell was bursting at the seams with the news. There was just no hiding it now, everyone now knew. Alastor had been anxious all day thinking about how the king would react and how he felt about all this.
Ever since he left his room the night before he hadn't even seen him.

Charlie was making her final rounds in the hotel, making sure everyone was well on their way to bed for a good night rest and that the hotel was in tip-top shape.

Alastor wandered silently down the grand staircase, raising an ear when he heard Charlie's soft and tired voice wish Husk a goodnight as he was closing up the bar.

She jumped a bit at the sight of Alastor "Oh! Hey Al" she smiled with an awkward pause "You talk with Dad at all today?" She asked uncomfortably. Alastor assumed he had spoken with Charlie about their previous night.

"I haven't, I'm sure we will get around to it my dear" He gave her a forced smile back. "Okay... well give him a hug for me when you find him, kay?" She said, heading past the demon up to her own room. Yeah, that sounded nice. He just wanted to know the king was still around.

A sigh escaped the demons mouth, making Husk notice his presence at the bar. "Hey boss" he mumbled groggily. "Hello" Alastor said softly, making a seat. Husk paused for a moment, what the hell does he want now?!

It was rare Alastor ever came to Husk without the intention of asking or demanding anything from him. You could say it was more awkward for Alastor than it was for Husk. The silence that lingered over them was absolutely brutal and they both hated it, not knowing what to say.

"I figured I owe you an apology, Husker" the demon began. Husk swiftly flung the cleaning rag over his shoulder, crossing his arms with interest.

"— I took your like away from you... your freedom" Alastor paused "And now I'm helping give all these other souls the chance to start again... I didn't even think to-".

Husks expression softened "I've never seen you so glum, Al. Is it the king?" He asked. He got a nod as a response from the other demon. It had been all day and they didn't even speak once, nor did they even appear in the same room together. It was painful to say the least but Alastor didn't know what to do. He just flopped down into the bar, hiding the shame.

Husk leaned on the bar with his elbows, getting on Alastors level

Husk leaned on the bar with his elbows, getting on Alastors level. "Pretty fuckin out of the ordinary for you in this... circumstance. Seein' you like this" he gestured to the other.

Alastors ears fell back slightly "Husker I came here to break our deal... I no longer have the desire or need to own your soul any further"
Husk started at him blankly, only being able to blink. "Your just fucking with me" he said crossing his arms.