1.1 New Calendar Year

*DRUMROLLS*

"I seriously doubt he spent 3 whole hours at the Apothecary to just buy the course needed items, bet on three Galleons that he stocked up blue toadstool poops for that horrible smelling potion to use on the Slytherin Prefect, this year too." Riyan said aloud so that the person mentioned in the conversation could hear.

"Uhm well, you're too far from what I did there. Toadstool poops are old fashioned now." Ishan smirked and leaned against the headboard of the seat.

"Aren't you satisfied with Mom making you clean home without use of magic during the break? Or you need two weeks of detentions this year too?!" Ishan Dikshit's twin, Sana yelled, irritated.

It was her who was in a conversation with Riyan Singhania, another fellow 4th year like them.

The three were quite early to board the Hogwarts Express.

It was another 20 mins or so for the train to whistle, announcing its departure. Only few flocked the compartments and platforms.

"Oh please, none will have whiff this year-"

He was shut with the loud banging of something outside and a shrill loud yell, "Till how long will you be lousy, Abhay! Gather your items back in the trunk and on board, you nonsense."

"Come on, Mum, you're no fun."

"Here comes the real twin of my brother." Sana scrunched her nose in annoyance.

Abhishek Malhotra, another idiotic chap, the nonsensical genius of Hogwarts for sure. He and Ishan are too close knit, and are the adventurous ones, and the prime suspects whenever something happens.

But the compartment door opened to reveal Mahi Khanna, a humble and kind fellow Gryffindor, who was struggling with her Owl's cage and trunks.

"Let me help." A soft voice said from behind and Ishan resisted the urge to hoot cause Mahi's face was already flushed.

It was her crush who came to her rescue.
Washington Sundar.

One of the favorites,  loved not only by Gryffindors, but also by Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws.

"Uhm..Uh Thank you." Mahi managed to mutter as she sat down beside Sana.

"You're welcome." Washi, as he was fondly called, replied and went out after putting the Owl cage beside the other ones and the Trunk and Strolley under the seats.

"Did you guys have a good vacation?" Abhishek asked, as he entered the compartment, with his usual happy mood.

"We know you visited the Biggest Museum of Magic, Abhay, with Shubman,
you don't have to rub it again and again. We received the mails and the mementos." Riyan was salty, like others in there.

"EXACTLY. Getting mails of photos every hour and even an Howler about how exciting it was there-"
Ishan was in mood to bicker.

"I guess before these two start, i better not step in and go to some other compartment.
Haiya Sharma, the other Ravenclaw of the gang, mumbled, near the door.

"Silencio."
An incantation was muttered and everyone turned to the owner of the calm voice, a girl with her nose deep in a volume of Verman's Arithmancy Guide.

"Thank you, Saakshi." Sana chirped as she pulled Haiya inside the compartment.

"No problem, the girl smiled and went back to her book, after keeping her wand back in her robe.

True to her Ravenclaw nature. Saakshi Grover was witty and had got 195 percent in her last exam with bonuses in few.

Ravenclaws and Gryffindors are cordial enough, towards each other, but being literal best friends was something unusual, but here they are, maybe because the families work together, or are friends or it was just destined.