Wattpad Original
There are 17 more free parts

Ch. 6: Nate

"I've been searching for you." The door clicked shut, and Lucius emerged from the shadows.

An overwhelming desire swept over me as I took in the sight of Lucius, casually leaning against the door, his muscular arms folded across his chest, clad in a white shirt that accentuated his chiseled body.

"Now, why would you be looking for me?" My eyes traveled down his rolled-up sleeves, revealing his well-defined arms that left me feeling unsteady. "Am I truly so irresistible that you can't endure fifteen minutes without me?"

He scoffed. "Do you enjoy teasing me?"

"Teasing you?" I flashed a mischievous grin. "I'd never dream of it."

He pushed away from the door and closed the distance between us. "You'll come to regret teasing me."

I retreated slowly until the back of my knees made contact with the desk, and I lowered myself into a seated position, just as Lucius closed in on me. His imposing frame cast a shadow over mine, and he tilted his head slightly as his eyes raked over me.

A hint of a smirk attempted to break through his cool composure, acknowledging the power he held over me. Surprisingly, it was this very power that made me feel protected in his presence.

"And what do you intend to do with me, Lucius?" I let his name slide sensually off my tongue. "Perhaps you'd like to see me bent over this desk—"

"Don't finish that sentence." Lucius growled and moved closer, his leg slipping between mine, and he gently parted my knees. "Or I might be tempted."

"I'm not stopping you."

My heart thudded nervously, especially as his amber eyes smoldered with desire. His flirtatious behavior was unexpected, but I was enjoying it. It was easy flirting with him when he didn't know it was me.

"You're playing a dangerous game."

My breath caught when he leaned down to my eye level and firmly placed his hands on the desk, one on each side of me.

He studied my mask, examining my features with a focused intensity that sent a rush of warmth through my body. When our eyes finally locked, his broad smile made me feel a deep connection.

It was a simple moment, but it ignited a powerful mix of emotions inside me, leaving me eager for more...

"Hello, Nate."

My heart pounded so intently I feared it might burst out of my chest.

"Shit!"

I wriggled beneath his hold, attempting to escape his dominating presence. I wasn't prepared for this – for him to recognize me.

I froze when his free hand reached up and he threaded his fingers through my hair, gradually loosening the ribbons of my mask. He delicately removed it, allowing my black hair to tumble down around my face.

I felt naked without the mask, and I instinctively pulled back from his intense gaze, anticipating the teasing that would follow. The reason I had concealed my identity was because I was afraid of how he would react when he eventually discovered the truth.

"What happened to that sassy mouth of yours?" He spun the mask in his hand before setting it on the desk.

"Say what you need to say then leave," I snarled at him.

"Don't be like that." He leaned closer. "I just want to discuss our situation."

"We're mates, what else is there to discuss?"

I regarded him with suspicion; his demeanor had shifted since our last encounter. He was no longer tense, and a glimmer of confidence now danced in his amber eyes.