Nicholas

"What is it this time?"

I hear a voice behind me. Closing the laptop, I turn around to see the most enchanting woman standing there with folded hands and a scowl pasted on her face. I am in trouble.

"Love--"

She cuts me in between glaring at me, "Don't love me. It's the fourth time... fourth... Nik."

I stand up and walk towards her as I scan her. 

A figure-hugging red dress that highlights every curve and perfectly accentuate her soft brown waves and grey eyes, sparkling with a mixture of anger and impatience. She's a fiery woman who has the power to ignite the world, my world. I walk over and rest my hands on her hips.

"Trust me, love. I was just closing the laptop after reading the last mails."

Luciana pulls away and rolls her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. "Oh, really?"

"It was the fourth time I called you, Nik and all you do is work, work, and work."

I pull her towards me as she collides with my chest, her heels doing no justice to her short figure. "If you rolled those stormy little eyes of yours one more time," I lean against her ear, letting my lips graze her cheek, "I won't be responsible for my actions."

She blushes trying to push me away, but her feeble attempts only made me chuckle. "Let go of me, Nik. I swear I'm going to knee you if you don't."

"Promises, promises." My hands trace their way up her sides before I rest them on her shoulders, my thumbs tracing lazy circles on her collarbone.

"What if you damage something and we won't be able to get pregnant in the future?"

She clicks her tongue before landing a punch square to my jaw as I release her. "Fuck, do you have to apply your training on me?"

She raised a brow before sighing, "You are so dramatic."

Shaking her head she exits the room, "If I didn't see you downstairs in 15 minutes..." she turns towards me as her lips turns into a smirk, "I will make sure you don't touch my body for two weeks."

"Fucking shit," I groan running towards the closet. The last time I dared to take her words lightly, I ended up sex-deprived for the whole week. 

And of course, I am not going to make the same mistake again as I quickly change into a tailor-made tux, my fingers brushing against the soft fabric before setting my hairs perfectly.

I went down the elevator, my mind replaying Luciana's words from earlier. I'm not surprised that she's worried about us; after all, my life has always been surrounded by danger and chaos. The one thing I've always had to fight for was to keep her safe. And everyone knows, even if the hell broke loose, I am not letting her go, ever.

The bell dings as I step out of the elevator and enter the halls.

There she is, sitting on the couch like a damn queen she is, looking at me with amusement.

"7 minutes and 46 seconds," she claps walking towards me before adding, "Not bad, Nik. Not bad at all." She pats my shoulder as I glare at her, prompting a giggle to escape her luscious lips. I'm glad I could bring a bit of joy to her life, even if it's just from tormenting me. Luciana is the light in my dark, murky world, and I'd do anything to ensure she remains that way.

"Let's go?"

"After you, m'lady"

"Gentleman much, huh," she walks out of the door as I close the door behind me.