16

Makayla

I sit up in bed,just thinking. My stomach virus hasnt gone away yet and i'm too sick to help my best friend through this. I feel horrible,and Chris's dumb ass acts like me being sick makes him a nurse that has to dedicate his whole life to taking care of me when the nigga literally killed someone like three days ago.

"You're supposed to be laying down baby" Chris says as he holds a ginger ale and saltine crackers"No bitch" He scrunches his nose up at me and i'm a bit surprised myself. I didn't even mean or expect myself to come off so rude. "I'm sorry,come,sit next to me" I pat the spot next to me and Chris plops right on down.  "How are you feeling big head? I can see you're still grumpy" I groan as I lay my head in his lap. He begins to stroke my hair and lets out a soft laugh"Shut the fuck up,I don't have a big head"

The pain has been dumbly high and doesn't seem like it's going away. The door cracks and in walks a sleepy looking Kristen. I sit up and she gets in the bed on the other side of me. She lays her head on me and just goes to sleep. Holding her feels great,the reason i'm holding her isn't though. "She hasn't been able to sleep". I say with a worried face. I stroke my fingers through her hair like Chris once did mine."She probably just needs you" Which is true. Some nights I'll have to sneak out the room and go to her room because she can't actually fall asleep without someone,me,being in there.

"It'll be okay"

•••••••••••••••••

Earlier I was thinking about what could we do to get Kristen's mood up. I don't want her to fall into a deeper depression,trust me i've been there. The scars are there to prove it. But that's my girl and i'd rather sit and listen to her talk for hours and have her knock on my door at 3:00 in the morning than not seeing her at all.

So thankfully my questions were answered once Chris busted in the room"So basically there's this party tonight and I don't know about you but i'm tryna get turnt" I still felt a bit sick but he doesn't know that. But this is a great chance to get Kristen out of the house and you know,have a bit of fun"Okay"

So I found myself standing in the mirror and smoothing out my skirt to attend a party that I won't know anyone at. This is bullshit,how do I get myself in these situations. I mean like a couple months ago I was sitting in room watching a whole show on tiktok while eating hot cheetos. Now i'm on the run for murder like damn.

Chris's hands start to travel my waist from behind and I feel him press up against me. He groans in comfort as he rests his head in the crook of my kneck. I rest my hands over his and sigh. Im gonna go out,party,drink,dance and have a normal fun time cause I deserve it....right?

"What's wrong?" He mumbles and I shake my head. I need to get either pissy drunk or absolutely faded tonight cause this shit here is killing me.

When we arrived at the party,it was already pretty active. The smell of weed and alcohol filled the air and soon enough my lungs too. for some reason when the shots were poured,my body kinda just rejected it. Like it was hard to swallow. Chris noticed and gave me a weird look"What's wrong?" I shake my head taking it down the best I can. Fuck this shits strong"Just strong,i'm fine" I set the glass down and Chris grabs my hand,guiding me to who knows where.

Soon enough we approach two guys. One blondish,looks about 5'11 and light freckles. He gave me a smile and I smiled back. The other had red hair that was neat and he seemed kinda tall,about 6'2 and had tan skin. He must be native. He looked mean though,smug. We locked eyes but no gesture was made. Rude. I'll smack the fuck out of him like damn. Chris and the two dab up and begin to talk. But this woman is standing by the back door,watching the pool while sipping from a wine glass.

Is she like the mom of the host? But her short brown hair and skinny tall body looked so familiar. Like I know her. She stood to the side in a way that made me want to remember. We locked eyes and she had this cold expression,we were having the same thought. That we are familiar. Maybe a relative,a friend,who knows. But all the way here,I mean what the hell. Then a man interrupts our eye contact and damnit he looks mad familiar too. He seems angry,nervous maybe. I watch as her facial expression change to concern and she follows him into another room.

"Hey,Kayla,you okay" I turn back just to realize all the niggas staring at me. He must of been talking to me while I zoned out"huh?" He looks in my eyes,furrowing his brows. Giving me those eyes of worry that he always has"Im sorry I thought I saw someone I knew" He hesitantly excepts what I say and goes back to talking. Kristen taps on my shoulder and she has a concerned look"What's wrong?"

"Some bitch got your name in her mouth" Now how the fuck bitches already wanna start shit. Chris takes notice and grabs my hand"Kayla it's fine"No it's not fine,you got something to say,say it to
my face. Cause dont bark and not bite. I follow Kristen to this girl and we approach a blonde girl,she looks like she could be relatives with the woman from earlier. She looks me up and down and everyone's attention is on us."So who the fuck are you?"

"I'm Trace,I thought you'd know that" I shake my head sarcastically"Nah,you're kind of irrelevant. But let's get this over with,which one of yall crack whores got my name in your fucking mouth" Kristen looks at me surprised. The white powder on the dust next to a credit card is a horrible looks on such beautiful girls."I will be honest,I was talking shit. I mean who wouldn't when you're living the life you live"

"I'm not the one snorting hoe" She rolls her eyes and smacks her lips"I mean better than looking like that,You can tell all that shits fake" Chris puts his hand on my shoulder but fuck this. I begin to take my earrings off and place them in his hands. I listen to this blonde bitch yap as Kristen hands me all of her rings and I stack them on my fingers. Chris ties my hair back and I make sure all my clothes are secure."So what were you saying Crase

"It's Trace"I shrug,i'm finna piss her off"That's what I said,Trace" She stands up to look me eye to eye. I wish this bitch would,please say something else"I was saying how you're a cocky black bitch that's taking my left overs" Over Chris? Why I keep having to fight over this big bitch. Her breath reeks and i'm tired so I punch her right in the jaw. I grab her by her kneck and jump on her. I throw punches over and over,people begin to pile around us and right as I get her to let go of my hair I hear a click.

I look up to see the same lady,a gun to my head. Not surprisingly,Chris pulls one to her head"I'll blow your brains out bitch,try me" Two more guns are clicked to her head. The guys from earlier. "Put the gun down" The red headed one says and she lowers the gun from my head. I'm honestly too out of breath and tired to flinch or anything. Kristen helps me up and I watch as the three boys lower the guns from her head."Were going to leave,and no one knows about this,no one"

So with that,we left. But in a different car than we came in. I held a bag of frozen peas to my nose with my head resting on Kristen's shoulder. Chris took my heels off slowly for me.The car was silent,I want answers "So no one's gonna explain why a bitch just pulled a gun on me"
The red head with an attitude rolls his eyes"Nigga you got something to say? Keep rolling them eyes,imma pluck them bitches out hoe" Chris holds my hand"Calm down,it's okay. You need to rest. I swear i'll explain everything tomorrow " I wanna go home already,I miss my mom,my dad,my bed. I don't think I can convince myself to enjoy this place as my new home.