17.

CHRISTOPHER

I hold her hair back as she gags into the toilet. She's been puking continuously and eating non stop. So me being me,I looked up the symptoms and the only thing that came up was....pregnancy. I freaked out and called my mom so she got on the flight early this morning."You okay?" I rub circles on her back as she try's her best to breath correctly. 

My room door is knocked on and I'm guessing it's none other than my mother.I open the door for her and before I can even say hi she rushes to Makayla. Damn,no hi,hello,how are you. I follow her into the bathroom and she rubs Makayla on the back whispering things to her that I don't care to hear. If she is pregnant,that is okay,I guess. We are only 18 but the life we are living will be able to obtain and hold up a healthy life for the child. I'm just afraid,that I won't be a good father. I mean the life will only be healthy enough if we hide them from the family works and jobs.

My mom helps Makayla off of the ground and guides her back to my bed. She helps her change into more comfortable clothes"We're going to go downstairs and take some medicine okay? You need to eat something and take a warm bath." Makayla nods and me and my mom gather in the kitchen. My mom eyes me as she whisks up some eggs. Makayla rested in the other room so now it's just us"It's possible,very possible,I mean shit at this point yeah she is"

I sigh deeply"Mom,please,we don't know that"She gives me those "really?" eyes and I realize that yes,it is very possible."You will help her through this every step,you had unprotected sex,you face the consequences like a man and be there for her. She will not go through this alone,do you hear me?" I nod.

"I don't care how scared or tired you are,she is carrying your child,she is your lady,you are her man. Don't complain,don't argue,listen,and be there." I nod once more. My mother has always taught me this way,to be the correct man. Not afraid to show emotion,but only show it in situations where you have the right to and if the feelings are valid. Silence fills the kitchen as she slices the fruit. What will he say? My father that is. He's very serious and stern,but he loves Makayla to death.

Once the food is ready,my mom sends me to wake up Makayla. I shake her a bit and her eyes flutter open"Come on,let's go eat" We begin to walk and my breath hitches as I hear the familiar voice coming from the dining room. I stop a moment,Makayla looks at me with concern"It's okay,come on" her fingers slip into mine and we walk into the room. She sits at the end of the table where her plate was. My father stood not too far away and my mother sat next to Makayla.

If i'm being completely honest,I feel like a bitch compared to my father."A party,really?" I knew it. He'd somehow find out about what happened last night"She could've got killed,and on top of that,you went with out your men"

"Dad I had it under control"

"If you had it under control,a gun would've never been put to her head"I clench my jaw and he pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration."So why exactly was a gun put to my head in the first place,I mean who was she?"My mom and dad make eye contact. Makayla is oblivious to basically every dime made by her family and my own. She looks waiting for an answer,she's not gonna leave this room without an answer."That woman and your family have,history. Years of money and violence. Murder,information,marriages."

Makayla does not look confused or angry,nothing. She just sits there,listening. "That woman owes things to our family and we owe things to hers,and it's a great battle for those exchanges." Makayla furrows her brows and squints her eyes"Excuse my language,but what the fuck does that even mean. Like I just wanna know why my life was on the line last night and you talking like we in a movie"