Chapter 1: The Bells of Notre Dame

On a cold, snowy, winter night of 1462, a small boat could be seen sailing along the Seine River into Paris.  There was a boatman who was rowing that boat while illegally smuggling a couple of gypsies at the same time.

  There was a boatman who was rowing that boat while illegally smuggling a couple of gypsies at the same time

One of them was a newly born baby girl, who was crying rather loudly.  Her mother was trying to calm her the best she could.  This could easily give them all away.

"Shut her up, will you?!" the baby's father hissed in a harsh whisper to his wife, who was holding the infant.

"We'll be spotted!" another man loudly whispered in a panic.

"Hush little one," she cooed.  Surprisingly it worked and she fell asleep.

Minutes later, the boatman parked and they exited the boat.  He then held out this hand and said,

"Four gilders for safe passage into Paris."

But right then, an arrow hit the spear that he was holding

But right then, an arrow hit the spear that he was holding.  Startled, he looked over and saw a couple of soldiers pointing arrows at them.  And then the next thing they knew, they were surrounded.

A shadow of a man riding a huge monstrous horse came towards the frightened gypsies and boatman.  They all looked behind them in terror, knowing exactly who it was.

"Judge Claude Frollo!" the gypsy man whispered in great fear.

He had only been the minister of Justice by for a few months at that point.  However, his bad reputation spread quickly throughout all of France for all of the unspeakable acts he had committed against the Romani-French population.

As he approached, his cold gaze watched them as they were put in handcuffs except for the mother who was holding her baby.