Deleted Scene

The Interrogation

Deep under the Palace of Justice was the cold, wet, dungeon.  Inside one of the many torture chambers was a gypsy man.  He had dark skin complexion, black shoulder length hair, and a long droopy mustache.

He was Agnés's biological father and the husband of the woman whom was killed by the minister the night before for attempting to escape arrest, in order to save her infant daughter.  

He was tied to a rack, while his back was severely cut up from the whips that were used on him earlier when he was first arrested along with the two other people aboard the boat they were on.

Just then, footsteps could be heard coming down the dungeon hallway towards the torture chamber.  It was no other than the minister of Justice himself; Judge Claude Frollo, the most feared man in all of France.  

He was also holding the poor man's sleeping baby daughter in his arms, who was wrapped in a thick blanket.  The judge then spoke to him menacingly.

"You and three other gypsies were caught attempting to illegally enter Paris on boat last night.  I take it that you were all on your way to the Court of Miracles, am I correct?"

"Where's my wife and daughter?!  Did they escape?!  ANSWER ME!!!" he bellowed out while his limbs were being pulled, ignoring Frollo's question.  At this, he then changed his tone of voice to stoic.

"I have come inform you that your wife had tragically succumbed last night-" he cut off by the gypsy man's yelling.

"NOOOOO!!!!!!  NOT MY WIFE!!!!  YOU KILLED HER, YOU SICK SON OF A BITCH, YOU BASTARD!!!!" His limbs violently shook as he pulled on the restraints at the same time.  It looked as if they were about to break off.

Just then, the baby cradled in Frollo's arms began to cry loudly, being woken up by her father's screams of grief and anger.  The man recognized it immediately of that belonging to his own child.  

"THAT'S MY DAUGHTER!!!!!  DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH ME BUT DON'T HARM HER, PLEASE!!!  SHE'S INNOCENT!!!!!  he then pleaded with tears in his eyes.

"Oh, I see that you already have become acquainted with this child.  Yes.  I have been appointed her official guardian as of last night."  He then glared down at the crying baby in annoyance.  "Silence!" he snapped at her.  The baby's father immediately attempted to calm her down.

"Everything's going to be okay, sweetheart.  Daddy's here, daddy loves you so much, baby girl!  I won't let anyone hurt you!"  She immediately calmed down, hearing the sound of her real father's voice.

"Hopefully your little girl will be of use to me one day.  Now tell me, gypsy, where is the Court of Miracles?  I know you know..." Frollo started interrogating him.  The man looked up at him with a hateful glare with his teeth clenched.

"If I weren't being retrained by this wretched device, I would kill you right here, right now!" he sneered.