chapter - 2

Both entered the class and sat on their respective seats. As soon as the bell rang, a mam with short curly hair entered the class. She introduced herself as Surekha, HOD of English department and asked everyone to introduce themselves. As Anamika was sitting on the first row she woke up from her place and started introducing herself.

  Hellow everyone..I'm Anamika. I chose English literature because I love to read novels, plays and poems. Not only reading but also I love to cook up my own stories and poems. I wish that I  would become an aspiring English professor and an author. Thankeww!! Surekha wished her success and asked the next one to introduce themselves.

  Anamika was paying heed to everyone and she started to pick out each one's strength and positives. She was fascinated with Maanya's fluency. She admired her way of speaking. Then she liked Grace's boldness. And she was eagerly waiting for the intro of the person whom she bumped into that morning.

  Finally, it was his turn to introduce. He woke up from his chair and introduced himself as Aarvin and said he chose English literature as he is an ardent reader and wanna become a cartoonist and professor. Anamika thought he would be her competitor in studies but she also loved his confidence and boldness. He spoke very professionally as if he was a public speaker.

  As soon as he sat down, he noticed that Anamika was also seeing him. Both shared a quick smile and started to pay attention to other's intro. Anamika was little shy and she don't know how to begin the convo with fellow classmates. Luckily her benchmate Shruthi was an extrovert and she took the initiative. Both introduced themselves formally and at once Shruthi started to tell about her interests and goals. Anamika felt that Shruthi was very friendly to her and she opened up herself. Without any hesitation she started sharing about her life.

  I scored five hundred and seventy five out of six hundred and I too had a decent cut off to get into top universities. But my dream is to become a professor and my happiness is studying literature. Besides everyone's opposition my parents took a stand for me and they asked me to pursue whatever I wish to. Shruthi made a hifi with Anamika and said that she said that she scored five hundred and seventy eight and her aim is to get doctorate in French. Then why did you enroll for english lit shruthi?? It's because my parents does not want to send me to faraway cities. They wanted to protect me and spend each day with me until I get married. So they told me that I could pursue my dream once I get married. It's okay; there's nothing to worry about because these three years are going to be my last days with them. So, I accepted that I'll pursue my dream after three years. Anamika don't know what to speak at this moment. Yes, she is poor at conversations. Luckily, the bell rang and they both bid goodbye to each other.