Chapter4: Unyielding Determination

**Chapter 4: Unyielding 
Determination**

Isabella woke up the next morning feeling a clinch of pain in her head. The events of last night played over and over in her mind. She needed a plan, but she didn't know how to start. So, to ease her mind, she called her best friend, Liam.

"Liam, I need to talk. Can we meet?" she asked.

"Of course, Isabella. Where should we meet?" Liam replied without hesitation.

"How about the usual cafe?" she suggested.

Liam agreed, and they set a time to meet in an hour. Isabella also wanted to include Sophia, her friend who was also a lawyer. But Sophia was unfortunately tied up with work. She actually knew about Tristan and Isabella's case. But she couldn't go and meet Isabella at that point, so she politely turned her down.

"Sophia, can you join us at the cafe?" Isabella asked, hoping for her friend's support.

"I'm kinda busy, Isabella. But I know what's going on with Tristan. I'll help however I can from here. Just keep me updated," Sophia responded with a little disappointment.

With that, Isabella headed to the cafe. She found Liam waiting for her at a corner table, his expression screaming concern for her.

"Liam, I don't even know where to start. Tristan... he's out. He got out because of his connections, and now he's free. This is the first time I felt like I've lost even after winning," Isabella blurted out her frustration.

Liam listened carefully and said, "Isabella, I'm so sorry. What the heck happened, and how did he manage to get out?"

Isabella took a deep breath and started from the beginning, recounting the encounters between the judge and the higher authorities, and Tristan contacting them.

"I can't let him get away with this, Liam. He is dangerous, and he's out there. We need to find a way to put him back behind bars for good," Isabella said in a hard voice.

Liam nodded, his own determination evident. "We'll figure this out together. First, we need more information on his current activities. Let's start by tracking his movements and contacts. We can use some of the resources from the firm to dig deeper."

"Right. I'll also see if Sophia can pull any strings in the legal system. Maybe there's something that we don't know," Isabella added, feeling a glimpse of hope.

They spent the next hour strategizing, their minds racing with ideas on how to take Tristan down. As they left the cafe, Isabella prepared herself with fierce determination. As they walked out, a figure across the street watched them intently, blending into the crowd. Isabella and Liam didn't notice, but the battle had just begun, and the stakes were higher than ever.

---

Meanwhile, Marco was on the phone with Tristan. "Boss, it's Marco. Isabella met with that guy, Liam. They were talking for a long time," Marco reported.

On the other end of the line, Tristan's expression darkened. He clenched his jaw, feeling a surge of jealousy rise within him. "Why is that bastard so close to my amore?" he muttered under his breath. He tried to shrug off the feeling, but it lingered. Tristan had always been possessive, and the thought of Isabella with another man made his blood boil. His mind raged with thoughts of her and the connection she seemed to have with Liam.

"Enjoy your freedom while you can, sweetheart," Tristan said to himself, a dangerous edge in his voice. "Because once I have you, I'll never let you look at another man besides me."

He hung up the phone and stared out of the window, his eyes cold and dark. The jealousy he felt was something new, something he hadn't expected. It only made him more determined to win her over, to take her completely. As he stepped out of his office and sat back in his car, a twisted smile formed on his lips. He remembered the challenge Isabella presented. It made the game all the more interesting, and in the end, he knew he would win and have her.

---

Isabella couldn't shake the feeling that she needed more evidence to bring Tristan down. Desperate times called for desperate measures. She created a fake ID and, using her legal connections, somehow managed to sneak into Tristan's office. She was amazed by the interior of the office. She quickly planted a small camera and a voice recorder in strategic locations, hoping that they would capture incriminating evidence.

Just as she was about to leave, she bumped into someone. It was none other than Tristan. His eyes narrowed as he recognized her.

"Isabella, what a surprise," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "What are you doing here?"

Panic flashed through her, but she had to keep her composure. "I was just leaving," she stammered, but it was too late. Tristan grabbed her arm and pulled her into his office, shutting the door behind him. His grip was strong, and he held her close, their bodies colliding with each other. Isabella struggled to push him away, but he was much stronger than her.

He leaned in, his breath hot against her ear, and bit her earlobe gently. "My sweetheart is trying so hard, I see," he murmured, "but I wonder how she'll feel when she loses. Right, mia amore?"

Isabella's anger flared. She pushed him back. "I know, Tristan. I know the things you've done. I know how many people you've killed. What makes you think this dirty game of yours will win? I am not an opponent who backs off, even if it means sacrificing my life."

Tristan's eyes gleamed with a mixture of amusement and respect. "You're fiercer than I thought, Isabella, but you're playing a dangerous game."

"I won't back down," she said firmly. "I will see you behind bars where you belong."

He chuckled darkly. "We'll see, sweetheart. The game's just getting started."

As Isabella turned to leave, Tristan's words echoed in her mind. She knew she was weak in front of him. This encounter had only strengthened her determination to bring him to justice, no matter what.

----------------------------tbc---------------------------

Words:1020
Pls vote
Thank you