The Shadow Game

PART 5 OF A MOONLIGHT MOMENT

Echo's gaze seemed to bore into Will's very soul, her eyes piercing the darkness. "You see, Nico," she began, her voice dripping with malice, "I've been searching for a worthy opponent. Someone to test my powers, to challenge my reign in the Shadowlands."

Nico's expression remained calm, but his eyes flashed with warning. "And you think Will and I are worthy opponents?"

Echo's laughter was like a cold breeze. "Oh, no. You're not opponents. You're pawns. Pawns in my game of shadows."

With a flick of her wrist, the room began to shift and distort, the shadows twisting into grotesque forms. Will's heart raced as he realized they were trapped in Echo's twisted realm.

"The Shadow Game," Nico whispered, his eyes locked onto Echo. "You're forcing us to play your twisted game."

Echo's smile grew wider. "Yes, Nico. And the stakes are higher than you can imagine. The winner claims the Shadowlands as their own... and the loser loses their very soul."

Will's mind raced as the shadows seemed to close in around them. He knew they had to think fast, to outwit Echo and escape her twisted game.

But as they prepared to face the challenges ahead, a faint whisper echoed in Will's mind. "Trust no one, Will Solace. Not even Nico di Angelo."

The voice was a mere whisper, but it sent a chill down Will's spine. Who was behind the mysterious warning? And what secrets lay hidden in the shadows?