1 } now or never

I was just reading the scripts for the Tonhon Chonlatee audition while Khaotung brought me a drink and smiled at me with his gorgeous mesmerizing eyes.

"Are you nervous, First? You've played in The Shipper, this series can't be that different." I wasn't worried about my acting but there are so many scenes in which the character makes him cry. Would I be able to withstand it and keep my character? Shouting at him? Now I wasn't so sure if I could separate my profession from my personal life.

"A little... the director might not like me or see me as a fit for this tough character. There are actors who are more suitable for it but I wanted to act with you. Not just a short scene, I wanted to have my own series with you." I blushed a little and he kept smiling at me until I was called in for rehearsal of a scene where Tonhon shouts at Chonlatee for kissing him during his sleep.

I greeted the present staff and coughed to clear my throat.

"First Kanaphan Puitrakul... I really liked your acting in The Shipper, Blacklist, Wolf and Wake Up Ladies but I need to see you play the character in your script. He's completely different from your other roles. Start whenever you feel like to." I nodded and took a deep breath.

"Chon!" Pause. "Why did you kiss me?!" I was trying to look as mad as I could but his face always appeared in my mind which made me emotional.

I wiped my lips but my hand was shaking. I was imagining that he was right there when I should push him but my regretful look didn't convince the staff.

"Your character is really shocked and a little bit disgusted by finding out that his best friend was actually one of those his family was against. Your eyes shouldn't be teary as if you were forced to push him like that but I'd say your experiences are far better than this." I gulped and excused myself to leave sooner. I totally messed up and second try wouldn't be any better. I can't hurt him even if it's just an act.

"First! So? How it went? Did you get the role?" I narrowed my lips and tilted my chin.

"I... I... I... completely burned my chances." I said and rushed out of the studio. I couldn't face him now. He was cheering me on and waited for me but I ruined it for both of us... I even thought about telling him about my feelings after getting the role. So dumb, if he rejected me, I'd cause even more problems with my feelings... just why... why did I have to fall in love with you?

For the whole day I kept avoiding him and didn't pick up his calls. I just lay in my bed while thinking of a solution to all of this. I can't lose him as my friend but confessing might cause it. I wondered if I told him that I loved him, would he realize I wasn't acting at the moment?

I looked at my phone again to text him I was home at least so he wouldn't have to worry but he actually messaged me as well.

[First, the role you wanted was already given to P'Pod Suphakorn... well, we are actors so I'll adjust to my role. Don't feel bad about it, next time we'll act together for sure! Susu na!]

I smiled and replied him back. We were texting just till midnight as I fell asleep sooner but I was glad he took it well. He was right, I must do better next time and think about my role more than about him on set.

🎥 -------🎬------- 🎞️

For the next few months, I was doing my duties as an actor. Meeting my fans, improving my acting skills, taking care of my skin and body weight, posing for ads and modeling but besides that I was rehearsing with Khaotung who was preparing for his first main role.