Chapter Twenty-Five: Nightmare

I couldn't forget her vibrant orange hair and those piercing crimson eyes as they locked onto my emerald ones

     I couldn't forget her vibrant orange hair and those piercing crimson eyes as they locked onto my emerald ones. I was utterly frozen, unable to move a muscle, paralyzed by fear. My heart pounded against my chest, and blood rushed through my ears as she stalked forward.

I could see the murderous intent burning in those crimson eyes, and her expression revealed a twisted enjoyment of the fear she sensed emanating from me. It was clear she was going to relish every moment of tasting my blood and draining me dry, delighting in my terror and her impending victory.

In the blink of an eye, she was suddenly right in front of me, leaving me unable to even scream. She flashed a twisted, devilish smile before opening her mouth and plunging into my neck. Though paralyzed, I could still feel the excruciating sharpness of her teeth. They were like unrefined diamonds, razor-sharp and effortlessly tearing through my flesh and muscle. The pain was immediate and intense, searing through me as she fed, savouring every moment.

I felt the warm trickle of blood down my neck as she ravenously devoured my lifeblood. Darkness crept into the edges of my vision, and I began to choke on my own blood. My lungs burned, desperate for oxygen but filling with blood instead, each breath more laboured than the last.

Victoria was ravenously tearing into my throat, as if my blood were an addictive drug she couldn't get enough of. My life was slipping away as she greedily guzzled down the warm liquid. I tried to scream, to do anything, but blood clogged my throat, suffocating me further. Then, I heard a bone chilling snap...

I jolted awake, my eyes snapping open, wide and alert. I quickly scanned the familiar room around me, my heart pounding furiously against my chest as the remnants of the nightmare clung to my mind. I turned my attention to the cushion next to me but Emmett wasn't there.

I remembered that we had watched The Phantom of the Opera. I had tried to explain the plot and its deeper meanings to him, but he didn't quite grasp the concept. Afterward, we put on another movie, but I must have fallen asleep halfway through. The last thing I recalled was being nestled against Emmett.

My mouth felt parched as I raised my hand to my neck, tracing my skin as if searching for bite marks, but there were none. A sigh of relief escaped my pursed lips as I turned my attention to the windows, confirming that it was still night outside.

"Emmett?" I croaked; my voice strained from the dryness in my throat. I quickly rose to my feet and circled the coffee table, noting the half-eaten bowl of popcorn and a few candy bars with their wrappers tossed aside. I have a sweet tooth, and they were for me.

My feet patted against the flooring as I had removed my shoes to get comfy on the couch with Emmett. I headed through the main room, and into the kitchen. Upon entering, I noticed a silver platter on the table, its contents hidden beneath a cover. The sight warmed my heart, knowing that he had taken the time to prepare a meal for me.