Chapter: EIGHTEEN

Yunhee rummaged through her closet to find something suitable to wear to the evening party. Suddenly, her phone rang, grabbing her attention. Her face lit up like a lightbulb the moment she saw the caller ID.

 After hurriedly fixing her hair, she leaped onto the bed to answer the video call. 'Hey!' Happily, she exclaimed. Jungkook flashed a smile, 'Hey, babe! What are you doing?'

'Um, nothing much. I was just looking for an outfit for the evening party.' 

'Party?' Confused, he asks. Yunhee gives a nod, 'Yes, the clients are throwing business party in honor of Mr. Kim because they really enjoyed working with us.' 

'Whoah!' He exclaims. 'That sounds great.' 

'I know.' She chuckles cheerfully. 'Mr. Kim is actually not that bad, I guess.' 

Her words gave Jungkook a slightly uneasy feeling. He laughs nervously, 'Why do you think so?'

'I don't know. I feel like he is a good person, otherwise why would people appreciate him so much,' she said, making a pensive face. 

'Maybe he demands perfection from everything, which is why he is so strict with us. And considering his success, I can see why he is so rigid about all things related to work.' She gives a shrug. 

Jungkook remained quiet. 'Babe?' She called. 

He blinked out of his insecurities and smiled, 'Yeah! Maybe you're right.' Yunhee gives a small smile, and they both fall silent for a little while.

Taehyung came in the meantime to summon Yunhee for an important work, but before he could knock, his hand stopped upon hearing his name. 

'Mr. Kim is actually not that bad, I guess'. 

He paused to listen to her words for a little while. A beautiful smile appeared on his lips, as he heard her speak positively about him. 

But he thought it was weird that he was eavesdropping, so he left. But his little smile never faded. 

'So?' Jungkook broke the silence. 'What are you wearing tonight?' 

Cheerfully, she leaps off the bed, 'Oh wait, let me show you!' She placed her phone on the bed and held the dress in front of the camera, 'How is it?' 

'It's lovely, but isn't it freezing outside?' He asks hesitantly. 

'Don't worry, I'll be wearing a coat on top.' 

With relief, Jungkook smiled. It's a good thing she'll be wearing a coat because the dress exposes too much skin. 

'By the way', He spoke. 

'Hmm?' Folding the dress, she asks. 

'The doctor said I can go home after two days.' 

Yunhee's eyes light up with joy. Throwing the dress aside, she grabbed the phone quickly, 'What? Really???' 

With a flash of his bunny teeth, he nodded, 'Come soon, baby. I miss you.' 

Her lips pursed in sadness, 'I miss you more, babe. But I have to go now, need to get ready.' 

'Send me pictures.' He said, smiling. 'Sure, take care.' She gives a smile.

Time Skip

6:00 PM