FORTY THREE

Mizuki

“So that's the plan.”

“Well that's a dumb plan.”

“It's not, and you can't say anything cause you're like the king of bad plans.” Cassius argued, to which I rolled my eyes.

“So you guys want me to take her place? Do you want me to mate wolves?” I asked, and Rhea tapped her chin, puckering her lips.

“I don't think that's all she does.” She said, and I frowned.

“I know, but that's a major part of it, I don't have qualifications to do this, and I don't know how.”

“It's quite easy, you’ll fit right in, and I'd be there with you.” Cass said, and I turned to him.

“How are you so sure? We are risking everyone's lives. What if you die or Zephyr dies or Rhys or Mylo or Kian or Keegan or Rhea-”

“We get it.” Rhea interrupted.

“As I was saying, it's dangerous, so I vote we don't do this.” I concluded.

“Listen, this has been put off over and over again, so I say we do this as soon as possible so we can raise our kids the right way.” Cassius said, and I sighed, fiddling with my fingers.

Was this the right way? Or were we going to our demise?

If we even pull this off, how will I fit in? I'm sure the people of Moon Kingdom like their goddess already, so what would be their reactions if I were to take her place.

“Screw them then. You'd be better than her in every way.” Cassius said, and I released a breath. Maybe he was right.

Wait.

“Was I talking out loud?” I asked, my eyes wide thinking everyone heard my thoughts.

“No.” Rhea said, and I hummed.

Looking back at the boys, I smiled. They were still staring at me, and I just wanted to squeeze them. I never expected this moment would come so soon, where I would finally meet them.

Sage had fallen asleep a few minutes ago and was breaking her neck by the way she angled her head and, of course, her thumb in her mouth.

“I should put her to bed. It's about that time.” I said and lifted her in my arms.

“I could take the boys too if that's alright?” I asked Cassius, and he nodded immediately.

“Yeah of course.” They both got up following me as I mounted the stairs to the bedrooms.

Maybe I expected this because when I was purchasing this house, I made sure to have enough rooms. Not a lot to cater for the entire gang, but enough so I could give the boys a room.

They were little, so I assume they didn't have separate rooms.

“I'll put her to bed, and then I'll tuck you guys in, too.” I told them, and they just stood by the door looking around Sage's room.

I understand. It's pretty impressive, I decorated it by myself.

I pulled back the sheets, placed her beneath them, and pulled it back up. She turned immediately, cuddling up with multiple stuffed animals that lay on the bed with her.

I made my way back to the boys and turned the lights off, closing the door slightly.

Guiding them to the room across from Sage's. I opened the door, letting them enter before me.

“Now I don't think you guys would like to sleep in the same bed, so there are two. One for each of you.” I said, watching them climb on the beds that were beside each other.